1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

March PAD

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PipeMeister, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Hello Pipesters,

I always enjoy looking at your new pipes so thought I would return the favor! :whistle:

My latest haul finally came in (bought from 4 different vendors), hopefully some decent smokers out of the bunch.

Most are new, except the estate Dunhill, it's a 1965 Group 2 (250/2R) Root Briar, unsmoked.
    The Comoy's on the right, are also from 1970, with the boxes and instructions, unsmoked.
    Altinok Meerschaum was a special order, took some time to finally come in but it's a beauty.
    Lower right, my first Boswell, think it will be a treat. And of course, up top, my baby, Dunhill Lovat (Group 4-Ruby Bark).

[​IMG]

-Pipemeister

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

No cobs? You're new at impressing people around here, aren't you?

Naw, killer score!

3. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Wow, those are all very nice! I especially like the Boswell :thumbsu:

4. Jay

Jay Active Member

vera nice, vera nice!

5. Hothog

Hothog Member

And what a haul it is.

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

...and no Castellos? Nice group! Really!

dp

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Great haul, that Boswell looks like a champ, i cant wait to bag me one lol.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

A terrible terrible affliction is PAD - and still no hopes of a cure in sight.

A really nice collection you have there - the black rustic on the left would be my particular favourite.

Many happy years with these additions to your family!

Happy smoking

Gerry

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Wonderful aquisitions! I've been a pipe smoker fo 20+ years but I still consider myself a noobie because I was never serious before this past summer. A friend who showed me the tricks of the briar and the VOLUMES of help I have received here from you all has made me excited about pipe smoking. This PAD thing has also gotten me bad. Everytime my wife looks at my pipe rack, she tells me theyre a frisky bunch, because they keep reproducing! I cant stop!!!!! (please, no one help me stop here!)

10. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Thx Everyone!

I just realized, now I need some pipe racks!

I've also got 1 more enroute courtesy of an Ebay auction (my first win),it's a Radice Rind Briar billiard.
    I'm also keeping my eyes open for a Claudio Cavicchi that catches my eye. Perhaps then I shall relax and try to start smoking the damn things :cool:

I really enjoy collecting the Comoy's, not sure why as I don't find their shapes or design anything out of the ordinary but they are a fine pipe to collect, with alot of history especially if you can snag the original box.

Dunhill's, well, let's just say I'm partial to those ladies any time of year :groucho:

Now if only the Internet would turn off for a few months so I can regain my senses. :pc:
    Note to self: must keep wife away from office! :wub: :judge:

Cheers and Good Health!

PipeMeister

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.