Mars limits orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbysh9

My guess is that they're trying to be able to let all their customers buy at least a bit of what they'd want to cellar as opposed to one customer buying them out of popular blends.

Wydeboi

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that I hadn't noticed it the last time I was there, kinda surprised me and I immediately thought 'run on baccy'.

not that they limit it, that's good, i certainly understand the urge to buy up as much as possible, but anyone who watched the ammo crisis should understand, people freak out drive up the cost, and in the end for no reason. all they did was make it so i couldn't go shoot my damn gun. why do people have to panic. and i bet half everyone who is out there buying it all up jacking the price sky high is not even trying to prevent this measure from passing. just panicking and buying like crazy, so when i can't find anything to put in my pipe for 6-12 months just cause people over react im gonna be pissed, and watch in the end this will not pass. it will take too much money away from an already struggling economy. mark my words just like the ammo laws involving ludicrous notions to put bar codes or something to that effect on every single bullet. a 775% tax will never go through, some republican will go wait wait wait, if we do this they will stop buying it and we will lose the pretty damn modest amount of tax's we were already collecting. i hope that everyone here instead of getting scared will try to get involved to the fullest level at stopping this silly thing. i do not mean don't stock up pick up a few tins and such, but please please please not like the ammo thing, where people were buying insane amounts on a regular basis, who really truly needs 10,000 rounds of 556?? and the same goes for the pipe. sorry for the rant just really hope the panic doesn't set in.

piper

So, you're blaming people who distrust untrustworthy politicians? That's a novel way of looking at it.... For my part the only thing that prevents me from buying even more is that I'm just not experienced enough to know what tins I'm going to want in ten years.

RS422

I think Mike is doing this on Esoterica tobaccos like Stonehaven and Pennzance because it is in such short supply right now and so many people want it.

Wydeboi

"a 775% tax will never go through, "

That's what the RYO crowd said about the 2200% tax. It went through.

Actually, it was Squadron Leader that I saw the limit on.

(edited to correct the % I had forgotten that California added a little)

I've only seen them say that for SL. I think it's just that it's so hard to find. They would rather have more customers than fewer making larger orders (I guess). I know I would be getting something in addition to 2 tins of SL if I was ordering, so they can ultimately make more money that way as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.