Mb Scottish Blend.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Badcompany, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Is it possible to purchase MB Scottish Blend in flake form.

2. tungbite

tungbite Member

It only comes ready rubbed.

3. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Thanks for the reply.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

There is a Mixture Flake that's supposed to be pretty dang close. I don't know if it's exactly the same. Maybe RTOhdner will weigh in before long. I know he smokes it.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The Scottish is the same thing as Mixture .... The Flake form is the same as the Mixture . Incase that didn't make sense .............. they are both the same blend in either flake or Ready Rubbed . They are both a fantastic smoke !

TheLonePipeman likes this.
  6. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I just learned something! I like Scottish mixture, but I did not realize that it was available in flake form (a bonus in my opinion). Any idea why the change in name from "Mixture" to "Scottish Mixture"? It is obviously not like a traditional Scottish blend.

ruffinogold likes this.
  7. ruffinogold

I didn't know Scottish Mixture Flake [ or Mixture Flake ] was even out till RTO brought it up a while back . It's nice if you want the Mixture in flake form . It breaks easy and if you rub it more than just a little .. it will turn into Mixture real quick . lol . There is a Mixture Modern [ which was called light or something like that a while back ] .. and it's milder and I didn't care for it . I don't know what makes it Scottish .. maybe it's the way the Danish think of Scottish as opposed to the English .

8. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Thanks for the info, Going to but my order right now.:toast:

ruffinogold likes this.
  9. ruffinogold

I think you will enjoy it very much ! I smoked more Scottish than any blend I've ever smoked .. it's really a fantastic blend . Honestly , don't rub it out a lot [ experiment ] because it rubs out quick and you'll have a handful of Mixture .. and say to yourself .. well , heck .. I should have just bought the mixture :beck:

10. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

I've smoked Scottish mixture for year's, just love the stuff.I didn't realise mixture flake was the same blend.I always store Scottish mixture for 1 year before I open a tin,I will do the same with the flake.Thanks again.

ruffinogold likes this.
  11. ruffinogold

Brilliant idea , Badcompay ! It only gets better as it ages :th1:

12. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I wish Scottish Mixture didn't bite me like it does, I'm pretty leather tongued, and most of the MB blends don't bother me (I looooove their spun cut blends), but I just finished a bowl with about 5 years age on it, and it still got me. I do love the flavor, I just can't do it very often, or more than one bowl a day, it has got to be a body chemistry thing with me. Oh well, I guess their are plenty of other blends out there!

ruffinogold likes this.
  13. ruffinogold

Yeah , it seems people get bite by the Virginia #1 and the Scottish . To be honest ., it bit me the first time I tried it and I don't know what it was that changed it for me . Their spun discs are killer ... all of them !The Latakia Blend is amazing :drly:

Jussto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.