McC 5110 v.s. FM

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Redone, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redone

Redone Member

I got a few oz of McC 5110 after Rich at 4 noggins said it was in most cutomers minds the same as Frog Morton. What are your thoughts those who have smoked both? I have only had the 5110 and love it! I am trying to not spend more than I have to and keep my TAD in check by not buying FM, if this is just as good. What about FMOTT or the othr blends? Am I missing something there that 5110 wont give me or is it only a slight taste diff from reg FM?

2. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

I can't tell a difference between the two. I even got fairly nerdy about it and had a tin of FMOTT and some 5110, closed my eyes, and tried to pick out which one was which. There may be differences, but to me the differences are small enough that they might as well be the same blend.

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Behold, science! :punk: I wonder if any differences might be attributable to age. Most tins I've gotten in my hands have already had a year or two on them (going by the bottom stamp- which I know about now thanks to this forum) whereas I'd guess McC's bulks probably get to the customer pretty fresh. I've never tried 5110 myself, though next time I have an urge to order the Frog I'll give it a shot.

4. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Hmmm....I do like the frog, but based on what others have said, I just may do the same thing !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.