McClelland Anniversay 2002

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by FlatbushPaul, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hi All,
    I was able to get a tin of McClelland Anniversary 2002 and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I have opened the tin but I haven't tried it yet. It has a wonderful tin note. I hope it smokes as good as it smells. It has some of that ketchupy smell that McClelland Virginias have but the Lat gives it a really sweet aroma to go along with it. I am interested in any comments that you guys might have.

thanks,
    Paul

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I find this tobacco amazing. It's just virginia and latakia. It seems like this would be the easiest blend to recreate - just mix latakia together with virginia. As an amateur blender, I can tell you it is not.

This is a sweet, complex blend that can be puffed with a big of vigor if so desired. The strength is minimal but the flavor is maximal. Can be puffed at any time of the day. Really an excellent blend and is a large part of my cellar. Good call on picking that one up. If you decide you don't like it, you know where to send it! ;)

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  3. Capt

Capt Active Member

Totally agree. I still have 1 tin left. Awesome stuff!

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Thanks for your input, I am going to fire it up in a Davorin Morta pipe I just received. I am breaking it in with English blends. I hope the Squadron Leader I have smoked in it doesn't overpower the Anniversary.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.