1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Meer pipes from Aktas or AND meerschaum

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dmkerr, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've got a question about the stem-to-shank connection. Is this a screw-type assembly where you need to screw it on slowly and the stem connector has the ridges? Or is the stem connector smooth and twist in easily (delrin connectors)?

Also, do these pipes have easy draws or do they seem constricted?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

These have a two piece connector...both screw into the stem and shank respectively. Then the stem section pushes into the shank section. Most of these have a somewhat restricted draw, when compared to your average briar. I have a number of older meers with this connector...I've learned to modify my smoking cadence to accommodate them.

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Coming to my rescue as usual, T-Bear! Thanks. That tells me what I need to know. :thumbsu:

4. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

If this *is* the two-piece connector, always assemble ans dis-assemble by turning clockwise. You don't want to be screwing and unscrewing the threads in the meerschaum...you can strip them out. You should always separate the pipe between the connectors.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.