Menthol Mayhem

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Squidpanda, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

Well it seems to be spring once again, for me that brings allergy season. Prior to smoking the pipe I would switch to a heavy menthol cigarette like Newports or Selems to help keep my sinus's clear. Now that I don't smoke cigarettes I seem to be at a loss for menthol.

Any good Menthol pipe blends that pack a big blast of mint? Also will I need to reserve a pipe strictly for minty blends?

Robin likes this.

2. Robin

Robin Member

Pipes & cigars carries "Altadis Frosty Mint", I've not tried it yet, but its in the cart to order. It's supposed to be a minty, menthol like blast! I'm going to dedicate a MM Cob to it and see what its about! I used to like menthols too. :)

Squidpanda likes this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I have some Altadis Frosty Mint coming as a freebie from someone. Depending on how much I get I may be willing to send you a sample Squidpanda to see if it is what you want.

Another option is Smoker's Pride Menthol Flavor tobacco. Pipes & Cigars sells it in a 6 oz bag for under $6.00. It is in the Pipe Tobacco section of the their website. I purchased some and mixed it with Carter Hall and it satisfies my occasional desire for a menthol smoke.

Robin and Squidpanda like this.
  4. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

Oh no! I would hate to have to buy another MM ;)

Yankee Bill and Robin like this.
  5. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

Mighty kind of you. I have been looking over P&C for the mint blends and with the move they seem to all be on back order.

User3940 likes this.
  6. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Menthol snuff.... :whis:

Monkey, Jfro and Squidpanda like this.
  7. User3940

User3940 Active Member

You're making me more curious Mr. Dingo.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  8. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

I have a tin of Toqeu Whiskey & Honey. But with such congestion I am having a hard time using it.

9. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

When I'm stuffed up I just rub a bit of the high-test stuff on the inside of each nostril, like Medicated 666 or SNAFU Medicated. Clears me right up.

Monkey and Thuber88 like this.
  10. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

I have some grunt coming, maybe that'll work.

11. Robin

Robin Member

I've been wondering what a cottonball soaked in peppermint extract and placed in tea ball with tobacco in a mason jar would create. I think it may be worth a try, homeade minty tobacco, I'll sacrifice a pouch of PA to the cause, unless anyone says its a bad idea.

12. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

I say give it a go!

Robin likes this.
  13. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

Can you smoke mint leaves?

Robin likes this.
  14. Robin

Robin Member

Its on, I'll pick up the PA on the way home and put it together tonight. Who knows how it will turn out, but I would think the tobacco would soak up the aroma pretty quick, we used it as a kid to pull poison out of a bee sting, so it must be pretty absorbent! I'll seal it up for two days and smoke a bowl, and go from there, Oh I love science! :)

15. Robin

Robin Member

I've smoked all kinds of funny stuff in my day, mint leaves, why not ? :)

16. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

[​IMG]

Robin likes this.
  17. Robin

Robin Member

OK, the PA is in a mason jar, tea ball with peppermint extract soaked cotton ball in place! Its a just a matter of time now. I'm gonna give the jar a nice shake to stir the pot today and tomorrow, and smoke a pipe of it Sunday n c what we've got. Who knows, but even in a worse case scenario, I've got some more PA to enjoy! :)

Sqidpanda, if this works out, I'd like to send you a sample to smoke, since you inspired this project!

Squidpanda likes this.
  18. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I love the fact that others are trying the mint/menthol thing. I enjoy it, and think you might as well, if you get the balance correct. Science is a great thing, isn't it?

Squidpanda and Robin like this.
  19. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

I wouldn't experiment with more than an oz or two....no sense wasting a whole lb if it fails..... just saying.

Robin likes this.
  20. Robin

Robin Member

Agreed! I am using one pouch of nice fresh PA. I'm out less than $3 if its garbage, I used to smoke menthol cigs, so it would have to be pretty bad for me to toss it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.