Menthol Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems to be spring once again, for me that brings allergy season. Prior to smoking the pipe I would switch to a heavy menthol cigarette like Newports or Selems to help keep my sinus's clear. Now that I don't smoke cigarettes I seem to be at a loss for menthol.

Any good Menthol pipe blends that pack a big blast of mint? Also will I need to reserve a pipe strictly for minty blends?

Pipes & cigars carries "Altadis Frosty Mint", I've not tried it yet, but its in the cart to order. It's supposed to be a minty, menthol like blast! I'm going to dedicate a MM Cob to it and see what its about! I used to like menthols too. :)

User3940

I have some Altadis Frosty Mint coming as a freebie from someone. Depending on how much I get I may be willing to send you a sample Squidpanda to see if it is what you want.

Another option is Smoker's Pride Menthol Flavor tobacco. Pipes & Cigars sells it in a 6 oz bag for under $6.00. It is in the Pipe Tobacco section of the their website. I purchased some and mixed it with Carter Hall and it satisfies my occasional desire for a menthol smoke.

I've been wondering what a cottonball soaked in peppermint extract and placed in tea ball with tobacco in a mason jar would create. I think it may be worth a try, homeade minty tobacco, I'll sacrifice a pouch of PA to the cause, unless anyone says its a bad idea.

I've been wondering what a cottonball soaked in peppermint extract and placed in tea ball with tobacco in a mason jar would create. I think it may be worth a try, homeade minty tobacco, I'll sacrifice a pouch of PA to the cause, unless anyone says its a bad idea.
I say give it a go!

Its on, I'll pick up the PA on the way home and put it together tonight. Who knows how it will turn out, but I would think the tobacco would soak up the aroma pretty quick, we used it as a kid to pull poison out of a bee sting, so it must be pretty absorbent! I'll seal it up for two days and smoke a bowl, and go from there, Oh I love science! :)

Its on, I'll pick up the PA on the way home and put it together tonight. Who knows how it will turn out, but I would think the tobacco would soak up the aroma pretty quick, we used it as a kid to pull poison out of a bee sting, so it must be pretty absorbent! I'll seal it up for two days and smoke a bowl, and go from there, Oh I love science! :)

OK, the PA is in a mason jar, tea ball with peppermint extract soaked cotton ball in place! Its a just a matter of time now. I'm gonna give the jar a nice shake to stir the pot today and tomorrow, and smoke a pipe of it Sunday n c what we've got. Who knows, but even in a worse case scenario, I've got some more PA to enjoy! :)

Sqidpanda, if this works out, I'd like to send you a sample to smoke, since you inspired this project!

t-bear

I wouldn't experiment with more than an oz or two....no sense wasting a whole lb if it fails..... just saying.

I wouldn't experiment with more than an oz or two....no sense wasting a whole lb if it fails..... just saying.
Agreed! I am using one pouch of nice fresh PA. I'm out less than $3 if its garbage, I used to smoke menthol cigs, so it would have to be pretty bad for me to toss it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.