1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Micoli pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by garagebar08, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garagebar08

garagebar08 Member

[​IMG]

Anybody know about these Micoli pipes. Picked up a couple of weeks ago. Billiard had no nomanclature, but the panel is signed "Micoli" on the clear acryllic portion of the stem. They are in pretty good shape and I plan on cleaning them further. I looked the guy up on the internet. Interesting, but was wondering if anyone else has run into these. Are they worth holding onto?

2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

How do they smoke? If they're decent, then sure they're worth hanging on to! Not to mention they look pretty neat.

3. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

if only they were a little more rusticated:haha:

4. garagebar08

garagebar08 Member

In the process of restoring and cleaning, so have not smoked yet. Yah, Robert Eugene Burns "Mic" I guess is known for his crazy styles as I have read. He has other traditional Free hand styles but these have a funky art deco look. Amazing rustication...and they are large in size.

5. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

they are works of art:D

6. Hudson

Hudson Member

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Those are cool.. talk abour Rustication! .. looks like a lava rock or something

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Those are some of the more conservative I've seen. I don't know what you paid, but there is enough interest in his stuff that you should probably hang on to them. Funny, I've never heard anyone say how his pipes smoke.

9. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Never owned one, but have seen a couple of his wilder pieces at the pipe shows. One, displayed in a glass case, had a two grand+ price tag. It was h-u-g-e!

10. garagebar08

garagebar08 Member

Still trying to get around to cleaning and smoking them. $2000.00 wow t-bear. I would only be so lucky to have mine fetch that much...knock on wood....or briar! I got mine with 5 others for I believe $38.00 or so total! 6 large sized pipes and one Medico Ventilator that cleaned up great. I will post pics tomorrow maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.