Mind blowing!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by powell0892, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powell0892

powell0892 Member

As many of you may know I am fairly new to the pipe world and being that money is kind of an issue for me as I am newly married and still going through school, and that I do not have a local pipe store it took me a little while to get things going in the right direction for me but after many disappointing drug store blends, cheap basket pipes, several burnt tongues, a ruined Grabow and the help and support from all of you guys especially ruffingold and erickghint I had my first great experience today. As I shared recently I picked up a Savinelli yesterday (my first pipe over $15) and erickghint just sent me several baccys one being OGS which I have been wanting to try, so I was very happy and eager to try! So today I got out my brand spanking new pipe, and new baccy I lit up today and new I had hit the spot! I absolutely loved it I have found a new favorite and realized what smoking a pipe is truly about. I folded the the flake stuffed it in lit and tamped and it stayed lit the whole time it was filled zesty, citrusy, and spice I found myself drooling in between puffs wanting more. So thank you everyone for your help and support I am now on the right track and I am excited on enjoying more throughout my life.

Also cant wait to get in my veermaster, solani Virginia flake, Mac Baren Virginia No.1, and you can bet I ordered some more OGS.

2. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

Congrats. I'm glad you were able to find the "true" meaning of pipe smoking. I think i remember you mentioning you were planning on trying some Boswell's blends a few months back.

Did you ever try them and what did you think? Did they fall into the "disappointing drug store blends" for you? Just curious

Enjoy the Savinelli, i would really like to get one.

Cheers!

3. powell0892

powell0892 Member

I did get some boswell I ordered chocolate cream, no bite delite, christmas cookie, and berry cobbler, and they did not necessarily fall under the disappointing drug store blend but they did fall under the I found out I didnt like heavily cased aro's lol for aro's they are the best but I am more of a VA and Burley man I found out.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Well done, powell. May that
    be the first of many great
    experiences to come.

dp

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats the way it should be ! Dude , youre gonna dig the Veermster :w00t:

6. powell0892

powell0892 Member

I sure hope so ruffin, is there any other VA blend yall would recommend I loved OGS so anything along the lines of that would be nice, I havent placed my order yet seeing how 4noggins doesnt open back up till the 3rd.

7. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

There is a thing called Escudo that some people seem to like. :D

8. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

9. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Escudo it is...added to the list thanks guys

10. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Has anyone tried the solani virginia flake 633?? Also I have never smoked coin tobacco how do you suggest smoking them?

11. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

When it comes to coins, some use the fold-and-stuff method and others rub it out. I tried both with Escudo and decided I liked it better rubbed out. This also allowed me to smoke it smaller pipes.

12. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I like leaving the coins out half a day or so till they're almost crisp, then they easily crumble up into a cannonball which I stuff into the bowl.

13. pottsy

pottsy Member

It's nothing like OGS, but give McClelland Jubilee a try, VA, Latakia and Perique with some Turkish leaf. It's good stuff.

14. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Congratulations and glad to hear about your positive experience.

15. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

OGS is my daily smoke now. I tried it a couple months back and haven't stopped. I've put at least 3-4 tins away and have 4 waiting on me. I need to get more! My other favorite is MacBaren Navy Flake. Its my other daily. Maybe if you like OGS as much as me you'll enjoy this! Also you can't go wrong with FVF if you're looking for a VA.

16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Also, this proves my point of
    a Danish in an Italian.
    I told you so! :roflmao:

dp

17. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Have you ever had any Hamborger Veermaster?

18. tigercasual

tigercasual Member

My "Wow" moment came when smoking Frog Morton- the original. I'd smoked many tobaccos that I enjoyed, but the Frog took it to another level for me. If you haven't tried it yet; I give it my highest recommendation. I think that my next true Virginia will be McClelland, Virginia Woods- it comes very highly recommended from Sasquatch.

Cheers,
    TC

19. pottsy

pottsy Member

hahaha, hahahaha, hahahaa, breathe, hahahaha, hahahaha, hahahaha. You have heard of his patented cat piss staining method haven't you?

j/k

Sas has never steered me wrong on tobacco. Doesn't mean he didn't try, but turned out I like what he suggested. https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/roflmao.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.