1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

MM cobs on backorder

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by freestoke, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freestoke

freestoke Member

My order of cobs is on backorder, because the MM factory has had a huge influx of orders and couldn't keep up. So, have all these cob-related threads caused a run on cob buying? Or is pipe smoking in general making a comeback?

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Eh, it was probably bulk(store) buyers trying to get their orders in before the 2011 price increase.

3. freestoke

freestoke Member

Yeah, that's what the backorder apology letter seemed to imply. I was a little surprised that MM could actually fall behind. Might even check the drug store later to see if they've got one. Getting antsy to give one a go!

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I recently got a batch from 'Aristocob' - ordered on Saturday, and at my door in the UK the following Thursday! ( no connection etc.etc.) great service!

Aristocob likes this.
  5. freestoke

freestoke Member

BOOOO!!! HISSS!!! I ordered mine last Tuesday from the same place!! And they aren't even out the door yet. Or even in the shop. sigh.

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

...well preference is given to the aged these days! :whistle:

Aristocob likes this.
  7. freestoke

freestoke Member

I'm 67!! How the hell old do I have to get before I get a little consideration? Sure, just when *I* get old, they move the goalposts. sheesh.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I smell a conspiracy...no wait, it's just my adult diaper.

Just kidding about the conspiracy...

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

blame puff.

10. freestoke

freestoke Member

Okay.

11. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

I was told that the prices would be going up sometime 2011 so naturally people would be buying more cobs at the cheaper price, it could just be total nonsense though, im not quite sure.

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

If it makes any of you cob-wannabes feel better you can go ahead and blame me. But I just wanna say that all of my cobs have been procurred prior to Aug '10! I'd thought about snaggin' some "Naturals" from them just to get some prior to pricing increase but I decided not to since there's two full cards of current production "Prides" in my cob-collection. No way will I go through 24 Prides in my lifetime! Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll eventually have a grandson to pass some pipage on to or something like that.

I'd bet it was a combination of commercial and individual buyers swooping up on the lower prices. Hey, ya know it's coming! Better than saying, "I should've grabbed some"!

Still extremely reasonably priced even with the increase IMO.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.