• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

MM grab bag SCORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwco

Did I mention that Washingtons are AWESOME?!?!?!

I plan on modifying a the washingtons and legends to a shape more like the shape of the old washingtons, ala Coda's thread https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/my-favorite-cob.20797/

I think if I succeed at the mods, (I was a TV repairman for a decade, I do have the ultimate set of tools) I will offer them up as trade for baccy.

First thing I did, though, was take the dip and pack it with bulk Stokkebye Proper English. I think the Gentleman will get a treatment of Haddo.......

ccwco

Had today off work as well and finished up 4 more.

They need a little waxing and buffing still.

I did the rough shaping with a palm sander and finished with sandpaper and pads. Then steel wool.
To color them I used RIT dye diluted in alcohol hoping it would dry faster. Then sealed them with water-thinned water-based
polyacrylic. They show a little clouding that I can buff out.
Overall I had fun with these and plan on shaping two more Legends that were in the bag, and also want to color the Diplomat.
You will see these on the trading list as soon as I find some nice wax and a buffing wheel.

ccwco

Found a nice beeswax today. Got em nice and buffed, too. Talk about shiny.

Not gonna take anymore yellow-unnatural light pictures of them. Hopefully I can get home before darkness tomorrow and take a few pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.