Molto dolce

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bulldog, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

Just opened a new tin of molto dolce. Having seen the posts on this tobacco I gave it a go. I let it dry for about 8 hrs as it has an oil casing that is very sticky and wet. Ive never had to relight so much, youd think I was new to pipe smoking! It is nearly flavorless but it does produce vast amounts of thick white smoke and the room note is decent. Im going to let it dry out some more before I make my final decision on this one. btw- no sweetness detected anywhere in the entire bowl

2. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

No sweetness? Flavorless? You clearly werent smoking Molto Dolce.....

ShawnP, chud333 and SthrnMan like this.
  3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Maybe it was too dry??
    Have not tried it yet

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

Yip, i sure was. But one good thing I can say about it at this point is that it has absolutely no tongue bite. Like I said however it needs to dry a bit longer. I guess I'm missing the tang I typically like in a few good baccy's

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

I actually had to wash my hands it was so sticky and moist!

CaKy and TWolf like this.
  6. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Drying isnt going to do much to that blend. It needs a really good charing light in a good-sized bowl. I've heard the complaints about it but I absolutely love it.

Mohl, ShawnP and Thuber88 like this.
  7. TWolf

TWolf Member

V-E-R-Y wet in a freshly opened tin. I left mine open to dry out a little, forgot about it and it sat overnight...and it was still a bit too moist the next day. It required several relights when I first smoked it but I definitely got a fantastic room note (and I'm one of those guys who has trouble smelling the room note when I'm smoking) and I got distinct touches of flavor as I smoked it. This is one of the few aros I've had that tastes like it smells. IMO.

ShawnP, Thuber88 and ArmedOctopus like this.
  8. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

I smoke this often. I never dry it out. Try smoking it wet right out off the can.

Mohl and ShawnP like this.
  9. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

This stuff is amazing! I taste sweetness galore. But I do sip it. I usually have to relight it a few times too. I don't let it dry out at all. I know it's VERY moist but I like that all over my fingers. It's stays there for hours and that smell is a peace of heaven to me. When I light it you can seriously hear how much moisture is in it. It sizzles and hisses. But be careful, it also Ghosts! I have a pipe just for this tobacco for this reason. But you are doing right, play with it. See what works for you. Maybe a packing style works better for you and this tobacco than it does for me. There are many variables that may change but once you get the hang of it you're gonna love it!

Mohl, ShawnP and Thuber88 like this.
  10. Moose

Moose Active Member

I was gifted some of this a while back and I really liked it. It has since been added to my TAD list. It had a sweet taste and fantastic room note.

ShawnP and KingsTarantula like this.
  11. chud333

chud333 Member

I love this blend but I pack it super loose it works for me it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes but it tastes amazing and is worth it to me.

Mohl, ShawnP and KingsTarantula like this.
  12. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

Im definitely not giving up on it yet. It has too many good reviews! Tomorrow I will try it again since its had time to dry a little. Plus I will try it in a go to pipe of mine used only for aros. Thanks for the tips.

KingsTarantula likes this.
  13. Moose

Moose Active Member

Just included a tin of Molto Dolce in my order from CI today. To the OP, thanks for reminding me.

ShawnP and KingsTarantula like this.
  14. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

Good stuff, pretty sweet to me, but I pack it a little loose because of the moisture.

ShawnP likes this.
  15. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I have to agree with most of the folks here, I popped a fresh tin did a good char and never had to relight. I did smoke it in a Cob if that makes a difference. I get a lot of sweet from this smoke. I really enjoyed it.

Shawn

Mohl and KingsTarantula like this.
  16. deleon

deleon Member

I've never had any problem smoking this tobacco right out of the tin. I think I left the tin open one time but only for about 10 or 15 mins. I think the moist keeps it lit better for me.

Mohl likes this.
  17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It takes a pro to smoke an Aro :beck:

Mohl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.