MOM,Apple Pie and CH ?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by 430pat, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 430pat

430pat Member

I am not bashing so don't get your shorts in a knot but, why is it every time someone doesn't approve of CH it's as though their mother has been violated by a team of Clydesdale's ?

jhguthlac and Coda like this.

2. briarbob

briarbob Member

You wanna get someones knickers in a knot, fire up some M-79.

jhguthlac likes this.
  3. Biggles

Biggles Member

The bandwagon's only so big and the johnny come lately's need to fight for their position on it. It's the eternal pissing contest to show who's more dedicated...a bit like NFL fans really. :csmile:

:xd: :xd: :xd:

Truth is, tried and true blends like CH weather it all with grace & style. :puffy:

RTOdhner and jhguthlac like this.
  4. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

I guess it's just one of those blends that had a particularly loyal following! Some of the guys on here have seemingly been smoking it for longer than I've been alive,so presumably it's almost like family at this stage. Personally, I'm beginning to see why people get so attached to it :) however, we're all entitled to our opinion. I'm sure everything said is all in good humour ;)

5. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its a peer-pressure thing. Personally, CH isnt bad...but I think its overrated...

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Jeez , really !?

I would imagine there was 3 , 874 , 431 better ways to get the point across

7. Rockbass

Rockbass Member

I just smoke it.

8. 430pat

430pat Member

I thought it would be an attention grabber but I am sure I could think of something else.Do you not like horses?

Monkey, ruffinogold and jhguthlac like this.
  9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Sitting at a bar late one night in the early 80's. Guy, next to me, probably in his late 50's, was puffing away on Half and Half. He apologized for it, I'm I asked why. He replied most people don't like the aroma. I liked it. Its that way with CH smokers. No, its not an expensive hand crafted blend that costs a lot. It tastes good and gets the job done.

10. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

I haven't sampled CH yet (it's not available here - some of you may think that for this reason alone it might be a privilege to live in Europe). I can only assume it is one of those brands that serve an important role as an pipe smoker's starter blend. I guess there are similar phenomena in all markets: in Germany, most likely Planta's Black Vanilla Mixture, or Rum&Maple (I believe Planta makes this under license from either a US or Canadian company) serve this purpose. If another pipe smoker is won this way, so be it.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

LOL .... great response :)
    CH is " The " OTC around here . DGErwin wrote a good thread about it and he's probably the reason , more than anything else , that it's a pumped up blend . Personally , I find it refreshing that people are stoked over an OTC as opposed to the near automatic poo pooing of them . I recently tried Kentucky Club Continental blend after maybe 20 or more years [ thanks Otoolefan ] and was seriously blown away by it , but not in Clydesdale violating blowing way , just a regular blown away :beck:

Coda likes this.
  12. 430pat

430pat Member

I have never even seen Kentucky Club, my only issue with OTC blends is they are kinda like smoking air or just not full enough but then again I smoked corn silk with brown lunch bag for paper.

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.