More Nicotine, anything new?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jgstudios, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

Hello everyone, after spending more time sampling different tobaccos, I've developed a fondness for Peterson University Flake. I like the taste, the scent and the nicotine. Yeah...I like that nic kick. Yes Sir. So, I've been doing some searches and found a few older posts on the subject of More Nic, so I was wondering if there are any new blends out there to try. I've got a tin of 10 Russians coming in today, I hope. Here's a few recommendations I listed from previous posts on the subject.

10 Russians (on order)
    Daughters & Ryan -Piccayune
    Old Joe Krantz
    SG 1792 (but this is not easy to get, can't find it anywhere today)
    Dunhill - Royal Yacht

Anyone have any more High Nic tobaccos to add, particularly one's that are easily available?

How about high nic English or Balkan, or Oriental blends? So far my experience shows that these are low nic blends generally.

What is the main component that adds to the higher nic content, is it just Burley or are there others to look for?

2. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Yeah I like University flake too. And that kick can catch you off guard if you dont pay attention. This last weekend wasnt paying attention and went outside first thing in the AM and loaded up a huge bowl of it. No breakfast yet, no water, nothing. About halfway through the bowl I was floating!

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Try Peterson's Irish Flake. I also get a nice buzz from Cornell & Diehl's Kajun Kake. And the nicotine to end all nicotine blends, C&D's Kellys Coin. Smoke at your own risk. I use it mostly for blending. Got a nice tasting blend that needs a good lift? Kelly's Coin is The Answer. A full bowl of KC in the large size pipes I prefer and I start singing Grateful Dead tunes. It's a great visual, albeit a major abuse of the ear.

Burley is the main source of nicotine, so a heavy burley blend will satisfy. Latakia and orientals tend to be low in nic. Some virginias, particularly the darker ones, can be high.

4. woody

woody Admin Admin

First time I smoked MB HH Acadian Perique I got a little queasy. Now I crave the stuff.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

The GH ropes are available and they're pretty strong.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Tambolaka, Five Bros., Yes...Irish Flake and 1792, G&H's shags...Dark Bird's Eye, Kendal Dark and Kentucky, G&H and SG's ropes, several plug cuts, like Revor, Cob, and Jack Knife...

...i'm stopping here. I'm getting a buzz just listing them! :)

bluepipe likes this.
  7. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I've never tried it, but hear that Billy Budd has quite a kick

8. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

I've been wanting to try that for a while... is there any smokiness involved - like latakia? How's the tongue bite?

9. woody

woody Admin Admin

No Latakia and it's not a biter, for me anyway. To me it is a nicely cut, quality tobacco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.