Morning, Afternoon and Evening.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Brit abroad, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Do you have a preference as to which tobacco you smoke depending on the time of day it is or is there a point where you say thats enough and switch to maybe something stronger.
    Personally I like to smoke three or four a day gradually increasing the strengh, as I am a huge fan of G L Pease Chelsea morning is a must then Westminster and to round of my day Quiet Nights.

Waino likes this.

2. Goat

Goat Active Member

No, not me. I just generaly grab whatever sounds good at the moment.

user2725 likes this.
  3. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

I am with Mr. Goat. I just kinda go with the flow..

4. Gig

Gig Member

If I do smoke more than one pipe a day I start of with a lighter blend in the morning and progressively smoke stronger tobaccos :)

Rodfather, Jussto and JRobert like this.
  5. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I usually go for CH at all three of those times. I am a fan of the AM Pipe, and it really is nice in the morning with coffee.

Artistik likes this.
  6. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I have a very stout blend in the early morning, lately it's been GH Dark Flake Unscented - but it could be a Virginia/Perique, Latakia, or straight Virginia blend in the morning, whatever strikes my fancy. My second bowl of the day is always a stout English.

Rodfather and Brit abroad like this.
  7. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I smoke whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. About 90% of the blends that I keep on hand are full flavored blends so that is usually what I smoke. I like something mild from time to time but only when the mood strikes me. In my case, it has nothing to do with the time of day.

My wife finds it strange that I can eat chili for breakfast but to me, it's just plain good anytime as long as I'm in the mood for it. A good stout smoke first thing in the morning can be a great way to start the day. So can a pleasantly mild blend. It just depends on my mood at the time.

8. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I start my day with some 7 Seas black and then i take my Leftover tin to work and smoke that through out the day. My left over tin is anything that does not fill a bowl goes in the tin. As im at work i dont bring my good blends most days. Then when i get home i almost always have a bowl of FMC and relax for the day.

JRobert likes this.
  9. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

This is what I usually do, although I sometimes break this "rule"...

10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I used to start the day with an English blend. I always felt it went best with my coffee. Some days it was a Burley blend.

Brit abroad likes this.
  11. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I smoke mostly strong dark flakes/ropes/dry cigars or medium latakia blends. They get smoked whenever.

Sometimes I like a nice aromatic at the end of the evening or when with mixed company. I rarely smoke an aro in the morning or as a first pipe of the day.

12. Artistik

Artistik Member

My mornings start with either CH or SWR and coffee unless I need a stronger Vitamin "N" fix which is not often. The rest of the day when at work, it is usually an OTC of some sort. At night it is usually a VA based blend with a little latakia (Boswell's Bear Blend) or a straight VA #5100 that I can smoke slowly and savor. On the weekend anything goes especially if I have some samples to experiment with.

13. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

My morning starts with coffee and a vanilla blend in a MM hardwood and then progresses to whatever strikes me as good during the day. However, the last bowl of the day always comes back to a Dr.G with a light English blend.

14. craig

craig Active Member

Generally i just smoke whatever takes my fancy at any given moment i generally dont smoke in the evening as i work then, so its usually mid morning, i generally go for a vaper and on a late afternoon i generally smoke condor as a good kick if im lagging a little.

15. jeff394

jeff394 Member

I usually don't have my first pipe until just after lunch, which is usually a bowl of Dunhill Flake, then after dinner I'll partake of a bowl of Mac Baren Navy Flake. It's getting cold here in Tennessee, so my after-dinner smoke will likely change to Northwoods or some other English blend soon.

Brit abroad likes this.
  16. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I usually smoke whatever strikes me as I look over my small cellar. Smoke that all day.

17. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I usually start with an OTC burley, or light English first thing (EMP this morning) then go to a VA flake through the afternoon, and end with something pretty strong at night (Nightcap most often). I may throw in an aromatic like MacB Vanilla Cream flake if I'm going to be socializing. There are also all sorts of exceptions to this pattern if I'm in the mood for something different.

Brit abroad likes this.
  18. brumoon

brumoon Member

I'm with Goat - Whatever sounds good at the time.

19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

SWR in the morning 95 % of the time . The rest of the day depends on the mood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.