Most you would pay?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by johnhwatson, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waino

Waino Active Member

Hello, neighbour. You still have oil there?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

At some point , and I dont know what that point would be , I'd go black op and take a shipment . I'll never quit

3. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

I know how much I've paid for a tin of Orlik DSK, and I'm not sure I like myself every time I remember.

4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I feel your pain brother; It's hard saying what I would pay for a tin of that stuff when it came right down to it.

5. WillH

WillH Active Member

I dunno! They're getting ready to tax Internet sales so things are about to get expensive. A tin locally is about $25.00. I'm seriously looking into growing my tobacco! I'm at the limit!

Will

6. mugwump

mugwump Member

Since my cellar pretty much has me set for life I would likely stop adding to it at about $20 per 50g tin which is pretty close to where we're at already in WA with tins running around $17 a pop.

7. atwageman

atwageman Member

Im not sure what my limit is. Im already over 200lbs just in tinned tobacco alone and im still cellaring. I guess ill know my price limit when that day comes. If the federal taxes on pipe tobacco ever go thru the roof as planned, im thankful I was able to plan ahead. Im also thankful my wife understands and encourages my pipe efforts.

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Well..... I think it's all down to inflation and comparisons to other products we need every day. I don't mind spending £10 or so for a tin of good baccy but I also get a 500g bulk English Blend from Germany for £25.
    Some people spend £300 on a nice Dunhill pipe.... in 1922 £300 bought you a house in London!!!!!! It's all down to inflation.

9. MarkC

MarkC Member

I most start by saying that I only smoke a pipe 3 to 5 times a week and that I probably have a different view compared to someone who smokes 10 bowls a day. That said, I think pipe tobacco is fairly cheap if compared to cigarets and cigars. I occasionally smoke cigars that I pay anywhere from $3 to $10 per stick. So I think pipe tobacco is a good buy. However, I don't want to pay ant more than I have to.

Mark

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I agree with many of the post above, it is all relative. I started smoking a pipe more regularly due to the increase in cigar taxes. I am trying to add to my cellar now, so if/when they raise tobacco taxes I will be able to absorb it over time. My wife and I do the same thing with food. Buy more when things are on sale, case it too is going no where but up.

11. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

I'm paying $15 to $25 for 50g tins here in Los Angeles, CA. Stuff is cheaper online, but I like to go in and shop. And I definitely buy way more tobacco than I smoke. I've got enough to last me a few years if my supply is cut off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.