1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Mouthpiece Guide?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Artee, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artee

Artee Member

My friend just showed me his Peterson with a blowhole on top of how mouthpiece. I really like the idea, as I have one sub-hundred dollar Savinelli, a few cheap pipes for here and there, an Iwan stamped Churchie, an a straight, and bent Italian second batch quality each, a mini BREBB ROLEY(X), and a pa1r of Minnissota cobs. For the most part, they all have similar mouthpieces. My friends Peterson, has a nice hole at the top of the mouthpiece to rdirirect the smoke from his tonque. This makes for a great smoke, as it tends to ends up with less burn This is an aspect I need cause I smoke wayy too fast. Just wondering what some nice sub-hundred hollard pipis woild have that mothhpiece, and what - if any = the name of this pipe mouthpiece is so if they don't have 9t at the B&M stores, I can get it online if need to be saught out

IDK if my cohereny is good, I was smoking a pipe before i went to sleep and naturally a bit sleeopy, So, if it was hard to undertstand, I wanted to know what pipes have a mouthpiece with a hole on the top, so that it directs smoje away from the tounge, lessening pipe tongue/mouthburn. The other question was what type of mouthice that is, and does it have a name to it. Sorry if a thread already exisits. Google and other forum searches cmae up witb nothing

As Always, Thanks in Advane.

2. Rider

Rider Member

yup, its called a p-lip. Dr. Grabow makes one for around $30. its called an omega

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Peterson pipes are famous for the p-lip, and Savinelli makes their own version on their "dry system" pipes.

4. Cobra

Cobra Member

I just recently received a Savinelli #2642 in their dry system series. It is a little wider than a Pete and it has better definition making it very easy for me with dentures to clench it. On the other hand, I am undecided about their version of the hole on top in the form of a slot. I found the Sav easy to clean but on the downside, a cleaner must be put in from the tenon going towards the mouthpiece, you can't get a cleaner to go through starting at the mouthpiece. Since I don't use filters, I did find the Sav gets much dirtier than the Pete after a smoke. I will say this however, this Sav is the first and only pipe I own that can be smoked right down to ash every time with no goo at the bottom. I enjoy this new Sav, but I don't think I'll be trading my Petes any time soon. That's my two bits on it anyway.

5. WillH

WillH Active Member

The P-lip is okay. I've had three for years, all Peterson.

I acquired a new Peterson 11s and decided to attempt a modification of the P-lip. I opened the hole. I also installed some internal flair in the mouth piece and while opening the hole. Not only is it now easier to clean it's nicer to smoke.

The P-lip purest will not appreciate my little modification but I think it's an improvement. Course I would........ :)

Will

6. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I wonder what the purests would have thought of me after I sanded the damn things right off?

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Done that same thing JP! Practiced on a cheapo British knockoff of a Pete called a "Wellbent" first then did it with the Pete!

Cheers

Gerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.