Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

My Cobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!
Here's the inventory: 2 Prides, 3 Legends, 3 Washingtons, 2 Pony Express, 1 Eaton, 1 Mizzou, and 1 heavily modified, tall, unfinished no-name cob that I picked up by mistake.
To assure myself that the no-name cob was non toxic, I took it apart and sanded it thoroughly. I can never recommend anything other than Missouri Meerschaum, but this one is an exception to the rule.
The Ozark Mountains are: 2 minis (Cherry and Maple stains), 1 bent Cherry stain, and 1 straight Maple stain.

All except the bent Legend have been smoked. The two oldest (from about 2000 or 2001) have well over a thousand smokes through them and are still smoking great :)

Sweet. Nice set. I somehow suspect it's not yet complete...:)
Indeed you are correct :) Even though I've found myself favoring the smaller cobs, I do plan on adding a Country Gentleman and General, if not a few others as well.
Funny, but I now offically smoke cobs (and the Ozarks) exclusively.
I've been rotating them, but 17 is an uneven number so I need to work on a better system.

Nice collection. Its pretty cool how well regarded the "throw away cheap pipe" lasts for a long time and has so many fans. I love the two I own, one gets abused all day. Enjoy them.
Thanks!
Yeah I'll never understand why cobs are considered "throw away pipes" either. I've only had to retire 1 badly cracked cob in the past 13 years.
If treated like a briar, these things last a very long time.

Super K

Thanks!
Yeah I'll never understand why cobs are considered "throw away pipes" either. I've only had to retire 1 badly cracked cob in the past 13 years.
If treated like a briar, these things last a very long time.
My old stand by is cracked, how bad is BAD enough to.warrant throwing it away?:beyes:

My old stand by is cracked, how bad is BAD enough to.warrant throwing it away?:beyes:
Good question, but I'd say when the crack breaches the interior of the bowl. Cracks on the outside are a normal part of aging cobs and should continue to smoke well.
The problem I had with the cracked one is that I didn't take care of it. I left it sitting on the porch in both freezing and scorching weather, and also allowed the interior cake to get way too thick.
Over the past few years I've been cleaning them a lot more than I used to.

User3940

I was watching Ultimate Survival Alaska last night and the old guy on the Woodcutters team was clinching an MM Cob everytime he appeared on camera. Never saw smoke rising from it though. Producers probably said "No tobacco product use on TV".

Status
Not open for further replies.