my curiosity has got the best of me....

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

As you may know i got my christmas tobacco today.

One of them tobaccos was kendal balkan mix, and the first time i tried it, i was basically take it or leave it.
    And after a few months i was toying with the idea of trying lat blends again, and when i was in the shop today curiosity got the best of me.

So now i have it what the heck do i smoke it in lol.
    Now i know lats do ghost the heck out of briar so smoking it in my falcon isnt something i want to do which leaves me with clay or cob.

what would yous suggest.

cheers for your help gentlemen.

2. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Member

hmmm, most latakia blends don't taste right to me in cobs, but...

Try both and see which works for you, or get another falcon bowl ;)

3. craig

craig Active Member

yeah but im thinking if i aint so bothered second time round then thats a falcon bowl sat there doing nothing and money wasted.
    but i did try balkan mix first time in a cob so maybe that was my problem so i think i may try in a clay.

one thing i didnt know though until just now is kendal balkan mix and stokkebye balkan mix has been used as substitutes since balkan sobranie went awol off brit shores years ago, supposedly its as good as if not better.

4. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Member

If you only smoke a lat blend once in it, it won't ghost much and a couple smokes of anything else will tend to get rid of it.

5. PipeWife

PipeWife Member

Smoke it in whichever pipe you usually smoke Condor in. IMO a lat ghost doesn't stand a chance against the "lakeland" floral essence.

6. craig

craig Active Member

cheers for that one pipewife, im actually in the process of breaking in a new bowl for my condor, so i may give it a shot in that once its up and running :D but i think my clay is calling for it.

7. craig

craig Active Member

ahh cheers fella, only bad thing is were due a few days bad weather over here, and my mam smelt balkan from outside the pouch and her exact words "if you think you smoking that sh*t in the house think again sunshine your ass is outside with that one no exceptions, dont like it trade it for something nicer smelling on that pipe forum thing your always on"

Rodfather and OldSouled65 like this.
  8. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Wow, better grab a coat...mam ain't playin!!

IrishRover likes this.
  9. craig

craig Active Member

oh she aint playing alright...if she caught me smoking "that camel sh*t" in the house i wouldnt be alive for christmas

10. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Well at least there's no confusion....

11. craig

craig Active Member

lets just say bear shes not one for mincing her words, i remember when i first tried balkan mix i lit up inside then went outside i came back in and forgot id lit up there i was checking the house for fire because it actually smelled like it was on fire lat room note is rotten in my oppinion, but could just of been me having an off day and ive only every tried two lat blends, 7 reserve and balkan mix just cant actually remember if i liked 7 reserve strange as it seems lol

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I find these blends really come to life in a clay.

13. craig

craig Active Member

Awesome you were right about the clay first time round stonewall so ill trust your advice on this one

Stonewall likes this.
  14. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I've never smoked a clay so, I can't say much about how they smoke.
    However I have smoked some English blends in the cob. It wasn't a bad smoke for me at all..

15. craig

craig Active Member

Highly recommend a clay irish there beautiful smokers and cheap to boot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.