• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My Dad's Old Meer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokes

So my Dad quit pipe smoking when I was probably 5 or 6. He purchased this just a little before then. He doesn't remember where he purchased it at or anything else about it. It looks unmarked unless those same semi-circles are the pipe marking, but I don't believe that they are since it uses the same semi-circles on the top of the rim for the design. The case has a generic "Made in Turkey" sticker.

It is now in my possession but I wont smoke it. I have it on display.

I'm guessing it's not a "valuable" pipe, but as you can imagine I'm very glad to have it.

ruffinogold

Mayor
That cool that you have your dads pipe ! Personaly , I'd smoke it . If you have kids and they see you smoke it maybe years later they'll get it . If you don't smoke it then the kids might think it's not a big deal , I don't know . Meers smoke so damn good , I'd be tempted to smoke it even if I wanted to put it on a shelf

Arkie

I understand why you want to be very careful with it but you won't hurt it by smoking it. As someone has already remarked, your kids will value it more someday if they see you smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.