My Evening Pipe Related Ritual

Status
Not open for further replies.

User3940

I'm sure we all have our pipe related evening rituals.

Each evening before bed I go out to the workshop, scan my pipe rack, pick out two pipes for the following day, one a briar and the other a cob. Then I look at the tobacco cellar (the jars on the back of the workbench) to figure out which two tobacco's I want to take. Not sure why I look for two, as one is always CH, but I also pick out an aero or something else treaty and tasty. I then count out 10 pipe cleaners. Stack the pipes, tobacco pouches, pipe cleaners, two lighters and tamper right in the middle of the bench, then top it all off with either the truck keys or motorcycle keys.

Next is the pipe ashtray. Empty the contents into the garbage bag, wipe out the ashtray, then make sure all the jars have the Kerr facing forward, all pipes are in their place in the rack, and the two pipes that I smoked that day are in their drying rack on the bench top.

Damn...........Am I OCD or what? :beyes:

I, too, put out 2 pipes at night for use the next day. One is always a cob to use for aromatics. The other pipe varies, briar, meerschaum, or metal - for english blends. I also pick out a lighter and tamper from my collection of those accessories. I don't need to pick out tobacco because I have 5 aromatics and 5 english blends in jars lined up on a shelf and just rotate through them. It's a fun obscessive ritual.

highstump

Healer doesn't have a lot of rules. :puffy:

As for me, I learned from Smokey the bear. I make sure my pipe is dead out before I go to bed. The rest of always just sort of takes care of itself.

gentimmy

I set things out the night before...sometimes.

On another note, your new avatar threw me for a loop. killin' me man.

you've changed, coastie....:p:

esteban

I just say goodnite and thanx, to all 280 of the lil sweethearts......try to bunch all 50 cobs up together for the night.......they like that.

highstump

I can see doing some trading with Thor at some point. Most of those around me think my pipes smell like crap anyway. I'm surrounded by heathens I tell ya! :old:

Status
Not open for further replies.