My first Jima...and the question of Aros

Discussion in 'Metal Smoking Pipes' started by Rymw, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rymw

Rymw Member

My first Jima won on eBay arrived a few days ago. After some de-caking, but not the rim for the coke helps to disguise the fine chips around the edge, I filled her with some Stanwell Melange. First impression not good. Bland tasting and bit like a shark! All the aros I filled in her from BR Cherry Cavendish to MB Scottish Mixture and Plumcake turned out the same.
    Was getting desperate until I met a smoke pal and he had some MB HH Mature VA. Then she smoked like a dream...which made me dig out some leftover MB Original Choice. Absolutely fabulous, despite the baccy being all dried up and over a month old.
    Would love to know if anyone here has a similar experience or what smokes best in a Jima?
    [​IMG]

2. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Jima's are cool. Enjoy.

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I love Melange. Gotta get me some soon.

4. Rymw

Rymw Member

Thanks Coastie.
    Yea, Jima's are pretty cool looking and I'm awaiting the second one which is Red in colour to arrive :)
    But it seems as if they need to have the right baccy to smoke cool, too, LOL.
    I read in The Revolution of the System Pipe that the French hardly smoked Aros so perhaps that's why the Jima doesn't seem to do well with Aros.

I agree with you, the Melange and Scottish Mixture are pretty decent Aros :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.