1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My first Mario Grandi

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Rockaholic555, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/uploads/1295295786/med_gallery_6129_78_9593.jpg

Decided on a more conservative design from them for my first one and smoked her for the first time yesterday. Finish quality is good but this baby draws like a champ. Nice light pipe so it sticks in the mouth very easily. Their shipping was amazingly fast for coming from Italy. I ordered last sunday and they tried to deliver wednesday. I signed the slip they left for me and yesterday it was here. A little annoyed that FedEx didn't ring the doorbell the first time they came to deliver. The only problem on the pipe that I can find is a very slight low spot in the wood. You can see it on the picture where the light gets reflected back on the stem, but for the money I'm not super concerned (70usd shipped to my door) Maybe this pipe was in their lower cost bracket because of this, who knows.

Time to fire her up and enjoy another bowl. Happy smoking everyone :cheers:

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Wow what a pipe, i remember seeing that one on there, damn good grab. Hope she smokes great for you to enjoy for many years to come. Enjoy!!!!! :thumbsu:

3. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

$70 shipped from Italy in just a few days and a great smoker - wow! You have got to love that. The pipe is good looking despite the minor low spot.

4. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Nice looking pipe. I have been watching them for a while waiting to strike at something I like when my pipe budget is sufficient again.

5. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

Yeah I highly doubt I find a better smoker in that price range except maybe in the estate category.

6. pottsy

pottsy Member

Rock, looks good dude. Need someone to break it in for you?https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/goodjob.gif

7. an1m4l

an1m4l Member

Looks nice. Really like the shape of the bowl. :thumb:

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Exactly. Not a "high end" pipe in terms of finish, but they do smoke like sunsaguns.

9. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

WTG Rocka! Welcome to Mario Grandi not-so-secret society. A great pipe at a great price. Love mine and hope you'll feel the same about yours.

10. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Sweet pipe! Love how it sits. I didn't even notice the spot and for $70 delivered I don't think I would care about it. I bet is smokes great.
    Enjoy it!
    Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.