My first pipe in a week

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by telltime, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telltime

telltime Active Member

Been fighting a cold. Really wanted to smoke a pipe while taking the kids trick-or-treatin' the other night, but I've been miserable. Today is the first day I feel that I can breathe halfway decent so I preloaded a pipe with some Tinderbox's Black Russian for my drive home. Grabbed one of my favorite tamps. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to enjoy.

2. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Do you work alone? Maybe you could bum a light from one of the smokers or get a Bic lighter at lunch.

3. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

I feel your pain, good sir. I hate it when that happens. More often than not though I'll be out with a single lighter which runs out of butane. Of course if I have spare lighters on me the thing will always be full. Murphy's law and whatnot.

4. telltime

telltime Active Member

Yep, I forgot the fire...

I did think about borrowing a lighter from a smoker or buying a spare, but I have several lighters at home and having the pipe in the car vs. later tonight is no big deal. I usually keep a lighter in my bag, but remembered taking it out last week to refill it (my Zippo that I "always" keep in the bag to burn strings off the uniform, burn some polish in a bad scuff on the shoe, etc.) as I was rummaging for it earlier.

Again, it will still be enjoyed. Just in the garage tonight instead of the car (too damned cold at night on the deck now in Maryland).

5. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

See, there's your problem - not enough lighters. When you have so many that it doesn't matter whether you remembered to bring one with you this time because they're everywhere, you'll know you have enough. :)

6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: Have to agree here...there's three in the car, five +/- in the shop, dozen or so in the house....and two in my pocket. A few more and I'll be set!

7. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

You should have seen the looks I got at customs when the guy going through my stuff says "why would you ever need 10 lighters?" Luckily, he let me choose which 2 I could keep.

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I'm such an addict that I always have a spare with me, if not two or more. Going through a jones once for lack of fire once was enough.

Good to hear you're feeling better, telltime!

9. Jay

Jay Active Member

Not having a lighter when I wanted to smoke would drive me f'in crazy. I'd pull over and get one. When the thought of smoking comes and the pipe is loaded I will absolutely jones like an addict until it is lit. You show great restraint my friend.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Devin, maybe it was a good thing......not smoking for just a few hours more. The airways need to heal, though pipe smoke is not inhaled normally, it does get through the upper airways with some sneaking into the lower airways. It is an irritant. Hope you had a nice restful smoke once you got home.

We gotta get together!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

11. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I feel your pain. I typically lose lighters. It is a standing joke at my house. So, what it's come down to are matches. Boxes of matches everywhere!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.