MY humble collection :)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by nesta, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I just got a new phone. Brand new phone, and the camera's still kinda lousy. In all fairness though, the lighting wasn't perfect and such. I corrected for color and cropped/resized a bit, but other than that no changes. Still kinda lousy pictures most of them. I'll see if I can get a better set of pictures tomorrow somehow, but for now here are my pipes, minus the two corn cobs (seen one of those, seen em all)

[​IMG]
    La Rocca Dublin - used for "Lakeland" type smokes

[​IMG]
    Johs bulldog - used for Englih/Oriental/Balkans...basically a catch-all for anything with a bit of orientals OR latakia

[​IMG]
    Ben Wade billiard - mostly used for natural, latakia free blends

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Savinelli 315KS (prince) - used for Oriental forward blends

[​IMG]
    Luciano ball - still breaking in, so far natural blends

[​IMG]
    Italian basket billiard - used for non-fruity aromatics

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Stanwell billiard - Used for non-fruity aros

[​IMG]
    Brebbia Night (CHEAP line) billiard - used for fruity aromatics

[​IMG]
    Ben Wade Canadian - Used for heavy Latakia blends

telltime, Mark w4mms and Ol Brokedik like this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bjarne freehand - currently breaking in the heel, so far just natural blends

Of course, the dedication of pipes may change on my slightest whim. People talk about ghosting pipes like its such a big deal but I don't notice the flavor of anything previously smoked past 3-4 smokes with something else if it's really persistant. Unless you are dedicating a pipe specifically so that you DO ghost it with a single specific blend to enhance the flavor, I don't think it's really a big deal to switch it up. I'm thinking of switching my lat-heavy blends to the prince and my Oriental-heavy blends to the Canadian.

Sorry again for the quality of the pictures (or lack of quality, rather). I'll see if I can get something sharper soon, but I don't have a proper digital camera of my own. The other thread was cool though, so I thought I'd show mine too, see what you folks think.

whitebriar and Mark w4mms like this.
  5. Capt

Capt Active Member

Nice! But what really caught my eye is the fiver of Siglo III. And from here, it appears to be an authentic pack. Hands down one of my favorite cigars, next to the Esplendido.

Mington likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, my ex-gf's family vacationed in Cuba over the spring, her father gave me the five pack as a gift. It's empty now, but I still have one stick left in the humidor :p I figured it would make a better gauge for scale than the television speaker behind it.

I looked into the matter as much as possible, and they seemed to be legit as far as the packaging, bands, and construction were concerned. If they're counterfeited, the folks who made them knew what they were doing....and wouldn't need to counterfeit them to make money selling them, either. The cigars are/were damn good.

7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Now these are sweet smokes. Great pipes, nesta. Love that Luciano Ball.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Lookin good my friend ! They are all very nice pipes . Your La Rocca is fixin to get ghosted beyond an Exorcism ;)

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Your repeated and vaguely ominous warnings are only making me more interested in the stuff. Are you a fan or is it just too heavily flavored for you or what?

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The only soap I like is in the shower . There's tons of guys who love it ... theres also tons of guys in straight jackets

Mark w4mms likes this.
  11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well experience has pretty much demonstrated my insanity, so bring it on! I like the floral stuff, personally, especially if the leaf is a touch on the strong side! I'm hoping to order a full package of Kendal Dark with my next paycheck. The weather's getting cool and I want something really strong and something relatively quick burning for when the weather is too nasty....but I love the stuff enough to enjoy it even during nice weather, so it would be a good buy for me. Relatively mild on the lakeland essence...some people even don't think it's there at all, but to me it's very noticible.

12. NoRm

NoRm Member

Nice collection. I particularly admire the Ben Wade Canadian. That's a beautiful pipe you've got there.

13. Beale

Beale Active Member

Very nice collection of sweet Pipes! The Dublin and prince are my favorites, Beale.

14. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Sweet pipes, Nesta. My PAD is kicking in now!

15. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Nice collection.

16. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

Awesome!

17. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice collection, Nesta!

18. Gary

Gary Member

Very nice set. I don't dedicate my pipes to particulars blend, more the flavor profiles I guess...which may in fact be the same thing, I just haven't bothered to figure out the specifics of the differnt blends. I'm too busy smoking 'em.

I do have one pipe dedicated to mclelland town topic only because i think will definitely ghost a pipe. And with three tins of it and me reaching for it once every few days, it works out well.

Penzance ghosted the pipe I smoked it from. Will have to give thought to what I smoke that from next. Don't think the ghosting will last more than 2-3 bowls.

19. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice. Especially the Luciano Ball. :puffy:

20. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I love that Dublin! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.