My latest tobacco - Peterson 3P's Perfect Plug. Suggestions for next stop?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by remington, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jfro

Jfro Member

If you want Half and Half - gimme a shout. I got a pouch of it if you want it.

2. Biggles

Biggles Member

By all means give the Irish Flake a go if you haven't already! Lovely stuff there. :puffy:

3. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

When I began smoking a pipe I knew that somewhere out there was my ONE TRUE love -- er -- tobacco. It was just going to be a matter of trying a few blends and settling on THE ONE. It took a while, sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake, but finally I realized it is the search and there is no final "find." There is a quote about life, that for me, applies to pipe tobacco as well.

"Life is a journey, not a destination." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson​
    Now, having said that, right now I am really enjoying AJ's VaPer for a nice taste of Virginia tobacco with a little something extra and also find myself going back on a regular basis to McClelland 5125 (aka Coyote Classic) for a fuller, "English style" blend.​

4. remington

remington Member

Thanks Jfro, I have tried that one before. It's going to take me a while to digest the new stuff I have. Too much tobacco (impossible) and too little time to smoke it!

5. remington

remington Member

That's definitely going to happen as it was a toss up between that and 3P's last trip to my B&M. I just want to give the new stuff I have a fair shake before moving on. I'll def. report back when the Irish Flakes get smoked. Hey! St. Patrick's day smoke?

6. remington

remington Member

Uh, oh. This was not what I was looking to hear, lol. And the nerve to quote RW Emerson! :byg:

I like to avoid some journeys and find comfort in comfy destinations. I'm loyal (to people, places, things) to a fault. For me, I need to appreciate the journey's I do choose to take a little bit more. In terms of self-improvement both personally and professionally I definitely agree, being static, believing you've arrived - that's not so good for anybody.

Cheers.

7. remington

remington Member

Cube cut two Escudo coins tonight. Gravity fed it into the IB Pear and had a great smoke. A no re-light triumph. I'm still not sure about the Perique yet but the sweetness of the Virginias that kept popping through really kept my attention.

[​IMG]

Jfro likes this.
  8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I am currently turned on by the slight sweetness of the Peterson Sherlock Holmes (in a cob - not a briar). Also their Luxury Blend in either a briar or cob. You may want to try them.

remington likes this.
  9. remington

remington Member

What's in the SHerlock Blend?

I just had a good experience with SG Choc. Flake. Don't like the tin smell but the flavor to me is really interesting, more so than the Va's and Va/Pers I've tried. So... today I got a tin of Dunhill Mixture 965 and EMP. Tried them both and I liked 965 better. The EMP is prob perfect for an "EMP", later in the day I think I like something richer.

This is a rather unexpected turn of events for me. I haven't had enough experience to know what it is exactly I like in Dunhill NC, 965, EMP and SG Choc Flake. I'm seeing the common factor as the Lat but I think the Lat is really light in all of those right?

[​IMG]

Jfro likes this.
  10. Jfro

Jfro Member

Sherlock is Va and Burley.

remington likes this.
  11. capt dave

capt dave Member

Try squadron leader made by none other than SG. I'm not saying its sweet, but its def good.kind of nutty. A little lat and good tobacco flavor.

12. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.