• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

my Mark Twains

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCraven

Those are really nice. Peterson, I presume? I say smoke them, you'll love them. If you're worried about damaging them, just make sure you don't burn the rim when you light them, don't let them get hot in your hand while you smoke (put 'em down and let them cool for a few minutes if they do). You can hardly do irrepairable damage in a few smokes, it's usually a long patern of poor smoking habits that do things like crack bowls or burn them through. Better that you learn on a good pipe than a poor one. We'll gladly help if you're having difficulties.

MacNutz

Oh yes, smoke them. You would have to really do something obviously bad to ruin those. I first started with a Peterson system pipe, bent billiard. It is tough and I didn't hurt it with my ignorance, in spite of smoking it A LOT.

Sasquatch

Sales Account
Sales Upgrade
Very nice pickup!

You'd really have to be a bully, a serious tongue-burner, to hurt the pipes, so in that regard there's no reason to hold back on smoking them. If it's for some sort of milestone or something, then hey, do as you please, but if your worry is hurting the pipes, don't worry. I bought a good pipe about 20 years ago, and abused the hell out of it, had no idea how to smoke a pipe. It's still just fine.

Those upper-end Petersons are fine pipes imho. Should offer you many pleasant hours.

Jeebs

Your pipes are very nice... Smoke 'em... been bidding on every good looking "Deerstalker" that comes up, but haven't crossed the finish line yet....

Thanks guys for the replys, i guess its just newbie jitters. I was telling my self that if i start with a cheaper pipe then ill be able to upgrade to the petersons and really enjoy the pipes. If i start right away I wont know the difference right ?.

HCraven

Thanks guys for the replys, i guess its just newbie jitters. I was telling my self that if i start with a cheaper pipe then ill be able to upgrade to the petersons and really enjoy the pipes. If i start right away I wont know the difference right ?.
Or, you could take the opposite tack and learn to smoke these well, and then go buy the ugliest basket pipe you can find for under $20 just to see how bad a pipe can suck.

IrishRover

Those are some sweet looking pipes! I am going to have to lean towards the rest of the forum, smoke 'em if ya got 'em...
If you have a Porsche and a Yugo (if you don't know what that is think Ford Fiesta only smaller) sitting in the driveway and you know how to drive.. why take the Yugo out on the roads? Leave that car for the field and open up the Porsche ...
Seize the day my friend...

Those are some sweet looking pipes! I am going to have to lean towards the rest of the forum, smoke 'em if ya got 'em...
If you have a Porsche and a Yugo (if you don't know what that is think Ford Fiesta only smaller) sitting in the driveway and you know how to drive.. why take the Yugo out on the roads? Leave that car for the field and open up the Porsche ...
Seize the day my friend...
good point but would you let a friend drive your porsche if he never drove a car in his life? :) thanks all for the positive posts and i will be smoking them for sure, I need to go back to the store to get a starter tabacco pouch and a lighter, my dad will be coming allong, he smoked with a Paradis Brother pipe for a long time and would love to see the collection at the store. He may start back up also :)

Old Ted

right!....I would start with one of those cheap'n nasty corn cobs - then when you graduate to a decent pipe - you'll think 'all your birthdays have come at once!' ;)

Rewster66

Send them to me to break them in for you and to ascertain what the best blend, packing method, etc.. is for each pipe. There will be no charge of course since your a fellow PSF member.:whis:

FlatbushPaul

Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker
No Ads Upgrade
Beatiful pipes! Life is too short. Smoke 'em and just go slow. Enjoy a geat smoke in a great pipe!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.