• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archi77

After the Pipe Guild meeting last night, I made my first "big purchase". The store offered a discount after the meeting, so I bought a new Butz-Choquin pipe. I know nothing of the brand (newbie here!), but the salesman seemed very knowledgable and recommended it. Ultimately, I don't care - I love the way it looks! If it smokes half as well, I'll be pleased.

Almost reached for it tonight when I relaxed on the porch, but decided to smoke a cob instead - I want to do my research so I break it in properly.

Terry292

I think French made pipes are underrated. After all, the briar pipe was born in Saint Claude, France, where this pipe was made. And, the Butz-Choquin company has been making pipes for over a century and a half. They must be doing something right. To top it all off, the Rhodesian shape is one of my favored shapes. They're so elegant and comfortable in the hand. Enjoy, my friend.

Stonewall

I think it was a fine choice! I've never owned a BC but find some if their designs to be incredible. I have to agree with Terry292 on the French manufactured pipes. I have a few myself and they are excellent pipes. Two are French made Sasieni's.

Anyway, enjoy and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.