my new found love

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by avmech20, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avmech20

avmech20 Member

I'm really diggin the Latakia. I can't believe I ever turned up my nose to these blends. :doh: I bow my head in shame and am resigned to forever beg forgiveness to anyone I ever disagreed with on the subject of Latakia.

2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I remember my first lat. I was like whooohoo, so this is what tobacco is supposed to be like!! - That was after suffering through Capt Black Cherry... and some white (but I still kinda like that)

3. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

My experience has been the worse it smells, the better it tastes! Go Latakia! (and Turkish and Orientals and all those fragrant smooth smoking leaves from far away!)

4. avmech20

avmech20 Member

the latakia that i've been smoking has an aroma that reminds me of being a kid at my grandmothers house. It has a spicy woodsy smell that always seemed to linger around their cabin like a spruce scent. somewhat peppery and earthy. I love it. I just want to keep smoking bowl after bowl.

5. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

And I have found that you can! Heavy Lat blends tend to bite me less than anything else out there, no tongue fatigue, furry tongue, tongue bite or anything. I could smoke it all day long if I didn't have to actually interact with other people in my job.

Mark w4mms and Ol Brokedik like this.
  6. Capt

Capt Active Member

It took me a few bowls, but nothing beats a strong English blend in the fall and winter.

DunhillMan and IrishRover like this.
  7. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

The only kind of "bomb" ever referred to on PSF was Latakia Bomb. Quite a distinction for a condiment type of tobacco!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's great stuff in the winter . Aparently , Miami dosent have a winter ... so I'm on Larsen Blends atm . I did bring some Walnut and I've had a bowl of it in a week . It's kinda hot here . Went from the teens to 70's comming here . Ugh

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

There was a member here on PSF whose signature line used to read "a day without Latakia is a day wasted"! I'm one of his disciples :bing:

NoRm and DunhillMan like this.
  10. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Love Lat blends, especially in the winter!

DunhillMan and Capt like this.
  11. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

aha! now your doomed my friend:toast:

12. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Oh yeah. I started with lat blends. I spend a lot of time at my next door neighbour's house and his girl friend loves the smell. Says it reminds her of traveling in India. One in particular, CityCigar's take on Dunhill's 965 seems to please the nostrils of lots of cig smokers. A good lat strong blend sends my little brain to a very good place. I've lived in the bush a lot, where wood is the primary heat source. That is where the lat takes me, to the north.

DunhillMan likes this.
  13. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

Try every tobacco. It will all be good in its time and place. It is all good. You'll never know unless you try. It is like a martial arts lesson, in a way.

14. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

Cheese and tobacco, yes. I've not had the same experience with certain other parts of my life. Meat. Used pipes. Fruit. Dating.

dwaugh likes this.
  15. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Latakia is my friend, I smoke lat blends year round.

16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

It's gross.

17. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Poor JP, I just checked the weather in his neck of the wood's, I think the cold got to him:(. -David

jpberg likes this.
  18. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Latakia blends are the only blends I've ever heard cigar smokers complain about in a cigar lounge when someone fires up a bowl. :xd:

Chuck S and Dondi like this.
  19. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

This is Berg's not-so-clever attempt at subterfuge (that means tricky). He figures if he says bad things about Latakia, there will be all the more for his dirty stinky pipes.

20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

You mean your dirty stinky pipes. I can't believe those checks haven't bounced yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.