1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new (to me) Stanwell 733!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by sorringowl, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorringowl

sorringowl sorringowlandsons.com

Hey guys!
    Just wanted to share my latest acquisition. Saw this today on eBay, listed on beesquatrolife on eBay and I had to have it!

I've been looking for a Stanwell 32 bulldog for a while but none of the ones I had seen really impressed me. I remember seeing a close cousin version of this shape, the 733, a while ago on eBay, while doing a completed item search. I really liked the look of it and tried finding another one on eBay and other estate pipe sites but all I came up with was a big goose egg. Then, today, while doing a search, one came up and I grabbed it! The description says it's in mint cond. and I couldn't be more excited to get it in my hands!

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought this from a right proper pipeman himself, Ben (ebay store: beesquatrolife and website: www.pipelist.com). Very good guy to do business with and he even cut me a break on shipping. His pipes are beautiful to look at and he does really nice restoration work. I wholeheartedly recommend him!

A couple more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Gosh that's purty! I don't know what it is, but this is a shape that has grown on me over the years. I particularly like the level of color on this one and the detail on the bottom where stem meets shank. Lovely. What are you going to smoke in it?

3. sorringowl

What do you mean, "smoke in it?" I don't know that I want to smoke anything in it! :wub:

Just kidding! Hmmm....that's a good question...any suggestions?

What do you guys think would be a fitting toby for this pipe?

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is a sweet looking pipe! congrats on it!! As to smoke in it? What is your choice? Beale.

5. sorringowl

Well, my toby of choice is Balkan Sasieni, but I might need to start with something a lil more gentle.

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

For some reason I envision something red in that bowl... Maybe some Marlin Flake or Hal O' the Wynd?

Oh man... *smacks self* Must remember, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Stanwell!

7. qwik

qwik Member

Thinks flake fit nice in it, virginia flake makes me happy

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I love a "smooth feel" blast [ thats what it looks like to me in the pic ] .. really nice pipe man !! I'd have a cloud of MB GE filling the room outta that thing ... Bulldogs are so cool :) Enjoy it

9. pottsy

pottsy Member

Nice looking smoker, congrats.

10. Jay

Jay Active Member

nice doggy, nice doggy. C'mere boy :whistle:

11. Cobra

Cobra Member

Bulldogs are great for smoking flakes but I usually break them in with black cavendish. :puffy:

12. ichabod

ichabod Member

That is one smart looking pipe, very nice!

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Nice looking pipe! Let us know what you decide on the toby.

14. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Very nice pipe, I like bulldogs myself. I bought a pipe from Ben before as well and it was in excellent condition, plus he ships very quickly. Enjoy.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.