1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new Wiley

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by erickghint, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erickghint

erickghint Member

Just got this in the post yesterday, and I'm in love with it. Perfect draw, weight, feel... and it's beautiful. It's a bit heavy to hold in the teeth, but I really don't care. I will be adding more of these to my collection, I'm sure. For some reason I'm really into American carvers at the moment, so I see a Tinsky (maybe two) in my near future as well. Oh, sorry about the crap photos... taken with my phone. My camera is currently out of commission.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whphotographic/sets/72157624560448512/

2. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

I gotta say, a quick glance at your topic title leads one to all the wrong conclusions. :whistle:

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I have two Wileys, your going to really like that pipe.

4. Mike Pomery

Are those facts connected Jelsa? :whistle:

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Thats a good looking pipe i like it. And i agree with Macion i had to take a double take at that topic......Your new what now hmmm hahaha.

6. Mike Pomery

Hah! To be fair, the wierd-factor would not have lessened if the topic title was: My new Wiley Pipe. Perhaps the double take would have been more noticable if that were the case?

I forgot to add to the OP that the pipe does indeed look to be a nice aquisition.

7. pottsy

pottsy Member

I like it. That's really cool looking.

8. user0003

I like you..... :flowers:

now...don't be dumb.... :whistle:

:roflmao:

9. rusty

rusty Member

Thats a nice looking pipe, like the unusual design.

10. erickghint

erickghint Member

lol, I didn't even think about the title of the post before I sent it off. Now that you guys mention it, maybe I should have made it something like "My new Randy Wiley Pipe" or "Randy Wiley Freehand"... something like that. Meh....

11. Mike Pomery

Hah! Sorry, sometimes I can't help it :eek:hyeah:

I will be good. Mostly. :w00t:

12. Mike Pomery

Haha, no issues at all man, I was just playing around.

13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Wiley makes a Great pipe. Capital G. Fantastic smokers, great flavor.... nice pickup.

14. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Hmmm... you used to live in Memphis. I used to live in Memphis.

You have two Wiley pipes. I have two Wiley pipes.

If we keep this up, we may have to explore the possibility that we live in alternate universes. Like Spock from this universe and Spock from the anti-matter universe. One of us will have to sport a goatee if it's true.

Back to the subject... Yes, you will love your Wiley. Mine are my favorites in looks and operation.

15. user0003

Oh!Kool! I wonder if it would really be like the show......

Let's find out....

:flowers:

16. user0003

Did you notice the mention of Kool? A feeble attempt at staying on topic....... :flowers:

17. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Erick, that Wiley is a fine one and will probably end up being one of your most cherished. Randy does great work! My wife bought me a small Wiley Freehand in '89 (maybe about 3.5" long and a Dunhill size 1-2-ish bowl) it's a beaut! Great little 15 minute smoke. Although when people see me smoking it, they think I'm smoking the "other tobacco" in it. I don't care. I've owned Wileys for nearly 20 years, 3 Boston Bridges, several Uniques, and several double and single digits, a big ole rusticated galleon calabash (huge!). Great pipes! You won't be disappointed. Randy uses oil cured mediteranean plateau briar I believe and they smoke with somewhat of a "nutty" flavor. Although very subtle, toby just seem so smoke and taste better? in a Wiley. You done real good! Enjoy!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

18. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wiley is my fav. American pipemaker . His finnish is mirror like . Oil cured briar . If he didnt make a **** load of pipes and just made 150 or so they would a big deal and super pricey . Lucky for us he makes a ton of pipes and he sells them reasonable !!! Good score pal ! :velho:

19. erickghint

erickghint Member

That was one thing that I really liked about Randy. Granted, some of his pipes are out of my price range completely... Most of them are so damn reasonable. The only other pipe maker that I've seen like that (wonderful quality and great price) is Mark Tinsky.

EDIT: I do of course mean aside from the pipe makers on this forum. ;)

20. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

You may want to include the word "North" in there, as in "North American carvers".... else, some bigfooted neanderthal may feel hurt https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cigar.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.