• Sales and advertising are not allowed in this section. This forum is for discussing pipe making only.

If a pipe or item is for sale, or potentially for sale, do not post it in this forum section.

My Poker Pipe #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Photostory shows a Poker with a stem, i will change cause i got no "Pokerstyle" stem in stock at the moment. (or do you think it's ok?)
The briar is finished ;) The bottom still needs to buff up a little ^^
You see the Pipe was first with a polished surface, but i was unhappy with the grain. So i decide to rusticate!

Chamber drilling...

black dye...

sand the black off...

Mahagony...

the "unlucky" finish...

bottom...

top... sorry pretty unsharp

ready to smoke :)

That Photostory shows a Poker with a stem, i will change cause i got no "Pokerstyle" stem in stock at the moment. (or do you think it's ok?)
The briar is finished ;) The bottom still needs to buff up a little ^^
You see the Pipe was first with a polished surface, but i was unhappy with the grain. So i decide to rusticate!

Chamber drilling...

black dye...

sand the black off...

Mahagony...

the "unlucky" finish...

bottom...

top... sorry pretty unsharp

ready to smoke :)
Mint.

PipeSimmo

Great job. And I think you're doing good to change the stem, something about the saddle bit isn't right... I don't know what it is, maybe a saddle bit with another edge on the bottom would look more harmonious.
Man, I like your work! :nwor:

browny

The traditional stem style may be good and nothing against it but....... I really like how that stem looks with that poker, I can only dream to make stems this nice.

dBear

Yowzah! Nice work, Zappano. Rusticated was definitely the way to go with the pipe - improved its look quite a bit. I only half agree with Simmo on the stem - by itself, the half saddle bit really appeals to me, but somehow it the angle it creates doesn't work with the lines of the pipe. I think even turning it upside down would be better - would make it look more like a slightly bent pipe. But ultimately I think Simmo's right - make it a full saddle bit. I love the way the top of the bowl looks!

I am definitely partial to pokers and wish I could make one. Good call on the rustification, I can see how the grain just wasn't quite right. If I were to change anything else, you have already said you are changing the stem (for me it throws off the lines of the poker), I would have rusticated right to the top of the bowl. But that is just my preference, looking forward to seeing more pipes, it may just motivate me to attempt a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.