1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My very first Peterson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tsurugi, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I've been waiting for this for 20 days, cant wait to smoke it! :bing:

Sherlock Holmes Squire.

2. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Great looking pipe!!! What are you waiting for? Pack it up and smoke it, after 20 days you deserve it.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I think the only way to make up for the 20 day wait is to smoke it 1x per day for 20 days :flowers:

4. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I have a feeling that might just be what is going to happen :eek:hyeah:

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Very nice pete, that is the same shape and all that my saint patty's day pete is. Enjoy it to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I smoked the first half bowl earlier and it smoked great, I have a good feeling about this pipe. :bing:

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Can't beat a Pete........ :judge:

8. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Awesome Holmes !

9. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Thanks, I fell in love with the shape and I just had to have it :D

10. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Nice! I was thinking about getting a Squire when looking for my Pete. I'm glad someone got one and can give us the low down. Might just have to get another.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine. It's become my after dinner pipe.
    Cheers.

11. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

+10

Petes are great smokers!

12. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Damn....that's purdy

13. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

Great looking pipe! Happy puffing!

Jim

14. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I'm smoking my first Pete too about three or four weeks now. Interested to know how you are breaking it in. I love mine but as a regular cob smoker the past few years, I'm finding a learning curve with the Pete. No complaints, just differences. My Pete has already proved that it will be a companion for a long time.
    WK

15. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

It was pre-carbonized or whatever it is called, so I just fill half the bowl the first few times, and then just smoke it regularly afterwards, I guess I was lucky I didn't have to do any treatments and so on since I hear stories about Petersons being difficult to break in due to them being dipped in stain so the inside of the bowl has stain you need to get rid of.

16. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Good buy! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/goodjob.gif
    Yup I've got four petes and one of them had nasty stain inside the shank which took forever to take out! Another had stain in the bowl ON TOP OF the pre-carbonized finish! But then, all's well that ends well - they are all good smokers now with thick cakes in the bowl and in the shank, and I love my Petes! I'm sure you will too :bing:

17. Khalifa247

Khalifa247 Member

I absolutely love my peterson and I've had it for years, with that being said you should enjoy that pipe for quite a while.

18. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I just finished my second half bowl in it and just as yesterday i felt quite sad that it was finished, looking forward to tomorrow though :D

19. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I'm liking this one so much I almost feel like i have to buy another Peterson, I'm keeping an eye one a system 303 304 or 305, although I'm a bit hesitant about the P-lip, as I like to clench pipes that doesn't weigh too much, and then I use those soft rubber bits.

20. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

You could try a 317. This I have found to be a lot lighter than my 312 and weight wise a lot lighter to carry in the mouth. I don't mind the plip and if you cut the end off it would be much like a fishtail anyway (visualize)
    They are a tad thicker but so are some fishtails, give it a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.