1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My very first Peterson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tsurugi, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Funny, I felt the same way. I generally want another pipe from the same maker because I like another style or I know the quality of work. However, with a Peterson it was different. I just needed another. :groucho: My new Tinksy is having the same effect.

2. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

Thanks for the help, I have decided to buy one, now it's just the shape I need to decide on, going to check out dimensions and so on.

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

actually, I find that the P-lip is easier to clench than the fishtail :bing: ymmv of course

4. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I'm going to go for the P-lip, I'm all for trying new things.

5. wtagye

wtagye Member

Alright, I am new to the forum. Can someone please break down the term "clench"? I tend to hold my pipe in my molars, is this clenching?

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Welcome fellow Clincher........:D

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

welcome to PSF, TT! in my picture, I'm clenching my pipe with my premolars (also known as the bicuspids). I suppose you could clench with the molars too. one health tip though, is to never clench the pipe in just one position. keep it moving around so that there's not just one spot inside the mouth that gets irritated and that might then develop sores.

8. wtagye

wtagye Member

Thanks for the info!! FWIW I try to switch sides in order to symmetrically build my jaw muscles. That is probably pretty strange.

9. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

LOL, I move my pipe all over the place because I dont want to get jaw fatigue and I feel like im not doing as much damage to the teeth, althgohu thats prob not helping lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.