Navy Flake?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beale, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

My MacB seemed crumbly as well, the flakes tend to tear along the long side very easily. Still as I've read elsewhere, the flakes are far more moist than they appear, and I actually had gurgles the first couple of smokes. I just left the tin open in the cabinet for a day or two, and now it seems perfect. Lots of flavor. My palette isn't educated enough yet, so all I really recognize is burley, but it's good in any case.

2. Beale

Beale Active Member

Well I hope so? I bought a tin today? Beale.

3. PriorWrath

PriorWrath Member

I strongly recommend you try to get your hands on some Samuel Gawith Navy flake. It's the only navy containing latakia that I know of. Not much, just a pinch. Great red virginias lead the play, and the rum is very subtle, mainly showing up upon opening the tin. Easily my all time favourite smoke.

4. Burner

Burner Member

I concur with PriorWrath. SG Navy Flake is very good. C&G after hours flake is pretty rummy if that's what you're after.

5. Waino

Waino Active Member

N
    Navy Flake: Pressed, mostly Virginia tobacco. Small tins are easy to keep in conditions where is not much space to your personal things (read: ships).

[​IMG]

6. Waino

Waino Active Member

Mac Baren Navy Flake is mild Burley with added ripe Virginias and Cavendish. Flavored with rum.

7. Waino

Waino Active Member

This is worth of smoking. Virginias, just right amount latakia and rum.
    [​IMG]

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

No not really looking for Rum? I was really just wondering.

As to the SG NF? I will have to check? If I can get it Local I would prefer? Really need to wait a while though. I am pretty set on tobacco for now. Thanks again all! Beale.

9. alchemist

alchemist Member

Dang...I've been reading all the hosannas for MB Navy Flake, and I've never tried it. So I was thinking I sure need to get me some of that stuff and see what all the fuss is about. Then tonight I was going through my spreadsheet and find that I have 6 tins of it somewhere in that cabinet -- one of them nearly 10 years old!

Soon...very soon...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.