• Sales and advertising are not allowed in this section. This forum is for discussing pipe making only.

If a pipe or item is for sale, or potentially for sale, do not post it in this forum section.

Need an honest opinion on this pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experimented with my Dremmel on this piece of wood going from this which, I think is briar (?)

to this

I like the burnt/ cut look the Dremel left on the bowl top

I don't know if I should sent it to Walker Bros to dress it up with a fancy stem, or just toss it and chuck it up to experience. On the one hand it almost looks too "hand made" if you know what I mean; on the other, I kind of like its rugged, "I dont care if I lose it" look.
Your honest opinions please.

Preacher1611

It's not bad, I actually kind of like the rugged/handmade look it has. It's got that, I needed a pipe and made this so I don't care what you think look. If it smokes good keep it, even if you only use it as a knockaround pipe.

User3940

I am not much into edges and corners so it doesn't appeal to me. I would carve some more to shape it better, the go lightly on the rustification. You have inspired me though as I have a block much like what you started with that I may just begin carving on now.

Well, thats all the time Im going to spend on it. It still looks a bit like a high school wood shop project, but it was a learning experience. If I wanted to really whoop it up I could have sanded it down much more finely.

Status
Not open for further replies.