1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Need help identifying some pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nowsharing, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

I made some recent purchases on Ebay that I would like to identify. If anyone could lend me their expert input, I would truly appreciate it.

The first is marked "FREEHAND" and was made in Israel:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This churchwarden is just marked "Comfort"
    [​IMG]

2. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

And finally an "English Rustic 804" made in England. The only info I could find about English Rustic is that it might have been the house brand of a shop called the Tinder Box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought these because they looked interesting and the prices were right, and am curious to know anything what anyone knows about them.

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I'm no help on the English or the churchwarden, but I would guess the freehand is a Shalom. Shalom Pipe Co. is the only Israeli pipe manufacturer of which I'm aware. I believe they have been defunct for a number of years now. I think a lot of their stuff was branded under other names, notably Alpha. Look them up on Pipedia and see what you can find out. Compare your stampings to that on other Shalom pipes and see if they're similar. If it is a Shalom you should be happy, as by all accounts those were good products.

nowsharing likes this.
  4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

based on the shape, stain and construction i'd bet money on the churchwarden being a comoy product.

nowsharing likes this.
  5. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

That's good to hear, thanks for the info. I liked the pictures of that pipe, and really want it to turn out to be a quality smoker.

That is a great lead, thank you. Here are a few more pictures of the churchwarden:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

Here is another pipe that I haven't been able to identify. It's a freehand marked "made in Holland."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm still curious to know what the heck that English Rustic pipe is too.

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed!

7. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

PAD struck again today when a seller halved their buy-it-now price on a pipe that I had some interest in. It's another brand that I could find almost no mention of online, a King Erik Royale made in Denmark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Hi nowsharing,
    I like that King Erik.......
    Here is a link I've used to identify some pipes by logos if there is one. There is some good info on certain pipes and then there's nothing on others... I hope this helps..
    http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-k2.html

nowsharing likes this.
  9. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

Thanks! That site seems to be the only place mentioning King Erik pipes. I'd like to think there is a connection to Karl Erik, also of Denmark, but that it probably isn't so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.