1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Need help with an estate pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by kleidophoros, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Hi people
    I am interested in an estate pipe though I have no idea what kind of a pipe it is.

Estate Jean Claude Churchwarden, comes with a 9mm filter. It's about 30 bucks.I have never heard about a Jean Claude before. Anyone used a Jean Claude before, any thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dimm

Dimm Member

Don't know anything about the company but looks like a sweet pipe! Just chuck the filter when you get it.

3. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Yeah it does look good but I can't go and see the pipe, I have to order online. Still not decided yet.

Also how does this look? just got it on Ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/260934470697

4. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

Try the filter aspect of this pipe. I have a few 9mm pipes in my rotation and they are great! See if you can get some good quality charcoal filters like Stanwell or Peterson (Ebay also). If you can find out what country those pipes are made in you can get the history on pipedia.com

5. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

My first pipe came with 9mm balsa filters. I use them from time to time.
    Going with the name it's a French pipe, there is no info on pipedi though. I found a few jean Claudes online, they go about 50 bucks.
    Oh and your link points to a site about Personal Injury :P it should be .org

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

I've had a few Jean Claudes. Very good smokers!!!! The only reason I sold them was because they were filter pipes:bing:

7. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

It's a good looking pipe. I don't see any fills in the finish and I really like the shape. $30 seems like a reasonable price to me.

8. WrightwoodJohn

If you want to convert it to a non-filter, cupojoes has 9mm converters (about $2.50)...

9. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Oh you did, good to hear.

Can't I just use it without a filter? I have been doing it for a while now and didn't notice anything bad.

10. WrightwoodJohn

Some say there is a difference in the draw with the draft being too large, others are ok with it. If it's been working for you shouldn't be a problem:bing:

11. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

It smokes a bit on the wet side but I have no idea if it's me, pipe, filter or the tobacco. Probably me though, coming from cigarette smoking I must be smoking fast and hard.

12. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Allright, just got the pipe.
    It's tiny! Almost a 1/3 of my bent apple, Bowl is about 2 cm X 2 cm.
    Stem is a bit loose I guess, can't see no cracks on shank or bowl.
    But most importantly it whistles when I draw. Is it bad/can I fix it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.