Need some toby advice. CRISIS!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Shane Arnett, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane Arnett

Shane Arnett Member

Well, I have reached a point that scares me: all the tobacco on my shelf doesn't sound good. Either too much PG, or the flavors just don't cut it. I'm looking to revamp. I'm wanting one of each of these: a n aro that's not over the top (like MacB vanilla flake, I like that stuff but am out), a non-aro like PA, and a light English that's not a lat bomb (CD blend by Sutliff is nice, light on the Latakia). Looking to step out of my bounds. Any ideas? Much appreciated -Shane

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Try both the products of the E. Hoffman line (from Iwan Ries also available at 4noggins.com) - Distinguished Gentleman and Spilman mixture.

I think you'll find they are exactly what you have specified above.

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. Shane Arnett

Shane Arnett Member

Might have to try them! Thanks! :) What are your thoughts on MacBaren stuff? So far I have really liked their blends and style (at least the ones I have tried). Does Vanilla Creme have much tobacco taste, or is it all flavoring? That's the problem I am running into with drugstore aros... no toby presence, just PG and flavorings. Yuck

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Hopefully DMKerr chimes in soon...he has a lot of experience when it comes to toby, especially suggesting some to try.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I'm a huge Mac Baren fan. To me, Vanilla Creme is all flavoring.

If you want a nice English from them, "Solent" is fantastic - totally under-rated.

Semi-aromatic.... maybe Dark Twist.

Rewster66 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.