need something sweet

Discussion in 'Need Pipe Smoking Advice? Ask an Old Fart!' started by tripp, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripp

tripp Member

im a new pipe smoker i love carter hall but im looking for something different all i have available is otc stuff i want something kinda sweet with a good nicotine content

2. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Try petersons summer 2010. It has a citrusy flavour to it, with a great room note (the wife likes it so it has to be ok) plus the nic isn't too bad

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I you list some of what's available to you, we could probably be of more help. Sir Walter Raleigh is probably sweeter than Carter Hall, but what counts as OTC in some places counts as unobtainium in others.

4. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

You are obviously online, so everything is available to you. GH Rum Flake has a cotton candy aroma to me, and has a very decent nic component.

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Pipeworks & Wilke Vermont Maple Cavendish. I'm not sure if Wilke blends are just not widely known, or their cost scares people away, but they really are some of the finest blends, both the "aromatic" and non, available.

6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

You thinking "kinda sweet" tobacco flavor or "kinda sweet" added vanilla/cherry/Juicy Fruit flavor?

Tobacco-sweet would be Rattrays Red Rapparee for me.
    Added-sweet would be Boswell's Dutch Treat, for example.

7. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

i'm looking for the same thing. weather is getting warmer so i'm looking for a sweeter cool spring time blend w/ a nice aroma since warm weather means more socializing. maybe something w/ a hint of cloves?

i checked out reviews of the peterson summer 2010 blend and it sounds great but the cheapest i've found is over $20 for 100g. seems steep. i'll check locally for some smaller options.

8. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

velvet and middletons apple,sugar barrel.

9. slprl1

slprl1 Member

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'd say SWR Aromatic . It's a pretty good nic hit for sure and sweet but not in the black cavendish way [vanilla]

11. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I like the 1864 by Larsen. It's aromatic but not too much so. Very nice especially since I got away from aromatics about a year ago.

12. slprl1

slprl1 Member

Try some 5100 from McClelland. A dark sweet virginia. One of my favorites.

13. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

If you break it down its only $10 for 50g which is avg. Its well worth it for the summer 2000

14. Jay

Jay Active Member

Orlik golden Sliced is sweet to me and a non-aromatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.