New Burley's on the way

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Sawbones, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

Howdy all, I just ordered some John Patton Storm Front, and Macbaren's London Blend from 4Noggins. Anybody out there tried these???? If so, what did you think of it?

2. Scottly

Scottly Member

Have not tried storm front, but it gets great reviews on TR.COM

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I love some good Burley, but have not tried these. Be sure to tell us how they are!

4. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

I will do that, a rookies review so to speak....

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

The Mac B's isn't my favorite burley, but it's a good one. It may become yours! Haven't tried the other. Good luck - hope they work out.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The MB London is good though MB GE is better , imo . I've never heard of John Patton Storm Front .. will have to read up on it . The Wessex Burley products are really nice also

7. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

"Patton's Storm Front"
    Now there's a name Ruff can get behind ;)

8. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

Yeah after reading the reviews, I wish I would have ordered the Wessex instead. The reviews of John Patton blends are good to read... I think I have TAD (I just looked that up, no, not in my medical journals)

9. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Never tried either one of those. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of them.

10. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I just cellared a pound of MacB London Blend. I like it. Nuthin' fancy, just a good Burley that goes great in a cob. Haven't tried the Storm Front. If you find you like Burleys, be sure to try Solani Aged Burley Flake, MacB Symphony and Golden Extra, Stokkebye Cubed Burley, and - of course - good ol' American OTC's like Carter Hall, Sir Walter, Prince Albert, Granger, and Walnut.

11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Be careful reading up on Storm Front because Storm Front is also a white supremacist thang. Type in Storm Front and you might just find yourself hyper-linking to some really disturbing stuff... well, it's distrubing if you're not a hate mongering skin head /Neo-Nazi/Klansman and your knuckles don't drag.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thanks for the heads up RTO ! PS Cubed burley is a nice easy burley . Just tried that one thanks to ^ .... diggin it .

13. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Storm Front isn't bad. The McB London Blend I can't smoke. Smells good, but the honey/molasses casing McB uses on about everything, just stings me to death. For a relatively pure burley taste, I go to C&D, they have several. Uhle's and Peretti's have some very nice smokeable burley blends, but all are cased to varying degrees. They are quite good smokers though.

14. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

I enjoy storm front the most in a cob with a churchwarden forever stem. It allows me to pick up on the different notes of the tobacco that I lose in a stock stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.