1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New cob and some flake

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RealityCheck, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

I had a great expirience today!

After I got out of class I went to the local store where I bought my first pipe ever. There was a really nice guy there who was SUPER knowledgeable and we looked at his entire inventory in awe.

He had been a long time pipe smoker and we talked about everything, I even mentioned the forum and Paul's new custom red pipe :D He left me with a list of great used estate pipes to look for, as well as a MM corn cob packed (by the master) with Peterson's university flake ($12.95 ouch!), it was my first flake it and I quite enjoyed it.

Just had to share :p

2. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

12.95 may not be bad if you consider how many bowls you smoke a day. Say you get 15 smokes out of that tin. Your will prob get more than 15 smokes..Thats only .86cents a smoke..

3. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Nice Score, RC.

RealityCheck likes this.
  4. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Nice rationale, Tx

5. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Hey glad you had a good experience, RC. Sounds like a lot of fun.

6. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

$12.95 is an excellent price, as it goes for $10-$11 on-line. Sounds like an excellent place for you to do business, as the proprietor sounds both knowledgeable....and honest.

RealityCheck likes this.
  7. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

$12.95 for the University Flake, that is.

8. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Sweet i'm glad I got a good deal then!

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Yezzir, good deal. Let that University Flake out to dry for about 40 minutes before you smoke it, and it will be sublime.

10. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Funny, that's just what he said :p I of course was impatient and lit it up as is :doh:

11. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats! Nice score! Which MM did you get? Beale.

12. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Missouri Pride bent :)

13. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Not being able to wait happens to everyone. Good thing about University Flake is that it only gets better the longer the tin is open, so it's gonna get better and better the longer you have it. University Flake is an excellent after dinner smoke. For a lighter tinned flake, try Orlik Golden Slices or Erinmore. (Also so give Solani Aged Burley Flake a try if you want a great Burly blend in a flake). As far as bulk flakes go, be sure to give MacB Mixture Flake and MacB Navy Flake a try. Also in bulk, be sure to give any of the Stokkebye flakes (Luxury Navy Flake, Luxury Twist Flake, or Luxury Bulls Eye Flake) a try. All of these flake tobaccos come at a very reasonable price and all smoke great in a cob.

14. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Wow thanks for the suggestions. The funny part is that I had never packed it before, and I asked him to show me how. I was expecting some elaborate process but he just squished and stuffed it in there. I named the method Nick's Crush 'n Stuff in his honor :p

15. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

12.95 is certainly a good price for a B&M. The Stokkebye flakes are definitely a real bargain (and tasty), but given my modest consumption (a bowl a day, maybe two on weekends) and my rather wide cellar, a tin of anything lasts me quite a while; even something like SL or Escudo that I smoke regularly will last several months, so I don't mind paying the tin prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.