1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Family Member!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Unforgivin, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Hey gang, This is my newest family member. It's a Mauro Armellini Churchwarden estate purchased from one of our own here RMDPipes.com

Bob had answered a post I had put out about being interested in A Churchwarden with an offer of this one and I'm glad I was able to take it.

He say's it has a discoloration on the stem, but damned if I can find it. Then again I'm not a pipemaker with a trained eye for these things

I smoked 2 bowls through it with an hour rest in between the two. Both times with Prince Albert because it's real easy for me to pack, light, and keep burning with a minimum of relights.

It behaved great. Not hard to keep lit without getting a hot smoke from it. No girgle, even without a filter, and burned right down to a fairly fine ash.

Bob held the pipe for 2 weeks for me with no deposit, telling me more then once if I decided not to go with it that it was fine, and continues to tell me this now that I have it.

His dedication and "fair play" customer service has made my first churchwarden experience a fantastic one.
    He even sent me some C&D Bayou Night VAPER weed to try that after smoking I have dubbed "Voodoo weed"

I'm pretty sure that because of his more then fair business practices I'll be a returning customer.

Thanks Bob!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

That's an unusual looking Churchwarden but that’s what makes it so cool looking, I think the stem makes the pipe, enjoy! :punk:

3. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Yep, but that's what got me I think.

Great smoker and not as heavy as it looks. :ass:

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wow ! you scored ... It is unique . I've never seen one like that before .I hope you enjoy the hell outta it !

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

I've never seen a Churchwarden with a bend like this ever before. It's interesting different and looks great.

Wish you many happy years enjoying this beauty

Gerry

6. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's one of the most beautiful churchwardens I've ever seen. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Bri2k

7. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Wow! Great looking pipe. I have also been in the market for a churchwarden but haven't seen one that has made me want to pulled the trigger yet. i think I am suffering from a little pipe envy right now.

I hope it smokes great now and years to come.

Enjoy!
    Z

8. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I think so. I was able to look it over a while and ask all the questions I wanted about it. So many places you send your money and take your chances. But this was anything but that way. Bob has told me more then once that if I decide I don't like it for some reason he'll take it back and give me a refund. That isn't going to happen, but how many places offer to do that at all after the product has been recieved?

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Thanks Gerry, that's me in a nutshell....different, and I love stuff that's the same way.

10. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Thanks "Z" Keep looking in the "pipes for sale" thread in the pipe makers section I believe. All these guys seem to know their **** and want to keep the tradition alive.

11. snowman

snowman Member

Congrats,Mike.You got a real beauty there for sure.Enjoy in good health.

12. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

That's purdy! Well found amigo....enjoy it in good health.

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Thanks Snowman and T-Bear. So far she's been a great smoker
    :)

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Well, no one else made the following obligatory comment, so I guess I will...

'It looks like garbage...send to me for proper disposal.'

Not true, of course, sans the send it to me part.

Beautiful, puts my rusticated Churchwarden to shame.

Enjoy, you lucky bastid!

-Kyle

15. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

That's a beauty. I've been wanting a churchwarden but have been holding off. Nice purchase. This is the kind of eye candy I'm thinking of and if it's a good smoker that's a two-fer. I'm reluctant because I don't want to trade good looks for marginal smoking. It sounds like it was a win-win for you. Congrats.

16. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I will....and yes I is! :0laugh:

17. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

It is a win- win. And, it's just the perfect length to where I don't seem to need "traditional" CW pipe cleaners. Just a regular Dill's overlaps at either end so I am getting a cleaner touching all of the inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.