New G.L. Pease tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubhdarra

gonna ask my boss tomorrow if i can order it. keeping at least five tins for myself... something tells me this is going to be the next barbary coast.

PS, meridian (which i think is new) = awesome.

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
OMFG!!!!

Dude...I mean, DUDE! Holy shiznit. Here I am, hoarding IF, just polished off Silver Flake, and thinking it would be nice to get a VA/KY in plug form here...it's like, like Christmas or something. And an American (read:available) blender is pulling it off! Yeay for me!

Thanks Legend, you just made my day. I'm so looking forward to trying this out!

GlassEye

I am so glad to see something totally new from Greg other than another Lat blend. This one sounds right up my ally and I will be ordering some as soon as it's available.
I am also glad and almost surprised. I immediately thought this would be another lat and oriental, like everything else he does. When I saw what it really was I got excited to have another one for the list. I hope this is a sign of what this new series will be like.

Falconeer

Hi All,

Thanks for the link. This really sounds like my kind of tobacco - and it's latakia free! Will try some when it comes readily available.

Once again thanks,

Gerry

AndyLowry

I keep seeing "Kentucky tobacco" mentioned lately. What does that mean? Does it mean "Burley?" I don't know of a variety called "Kentucky," not that any of us should be surprised by my ignorance. I still don't know what "dark matter" is, either. Maybe "Kentucky" is the same as "dark matter?"

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
I keep seeing "Kentucky tobacco" mentioned lately. What does that mean? Does it mean "Burley?" I don't know of a variety called "Kentucky," not that any of us should be surprised by my ignorance. I still don't know what "dark matter" is, either. Maybe "Kentucky" is the same as "dark matter?"

Simple answer is-fire cured burley. So you are right. I'm not a piper's encyclopedia of knowledge, so I won't try to go specific on you. That said, KY has a different flavor profile from burley...stronger, heavier mouthfeel, and an increased nic kick. (My impressions.)

AndyLowry

Simple answer is-fire cured burley. So you are right. I'm not a piper's encyclopedia of knowledge, so I won't try to go specific on you. That said, KY has a different flavor profile from burley...stronger, heavier mouthfeel, and an increased nic kick. (My impressions.)
Sneaky bastidges, trying to fool me into smoking Burley when I don't want to. Thanks for the info! :thumb:

t-bear

Really looking forward to a plug (WOW! A PLUG!!!) cut from Greg...it's about time. Will be contacting JFH to make sure they stock it when it's released. Then there's the St. Louis Show....Greg usually has a bunch of his blends there.....
Can hardly wait!!!

Legend

This was really good news to me, because he said it is the first in a new line. He also said he is coming out with some others in the Old London Series. 2011 is gonna be a good year brothers!

Status
Not open for further replies.