1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New "Hemingway" from Goose

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/51flgoose/039_01.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/51flgoose/039_03.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/51flgoose/039_06.jpg

What a pipe! She's a big-girl too! Nice weapon! ;)

It was such a pleasure working with Bob. I highly recommend (4/4 stars)!

Looking forward to warming this girl's bottom, which will be soon, tomorrow at the latest!

Thanks again Bob!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

P.S. Sorry Bob, I got your PSF "handle" backwards. It's 51flgoose folks!

2. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

Nice all the way around....nice grain and I like the interesting stem. Matches well with the pipe itself. Does this maker have a website?

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Yeah he's here

RMD

That looks like a nice handful, Puff!

4. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I've seen pipes that have one focal point. By that I mean, it's either the pipe or the stem competing for your attention. For me, it's a rarity to see a pipe where all the parts are 'happy' to be together. The colors are warm and flow into each other as though there were no physical separation between them. Surely, you will fall in love with this exceptional beauty.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Vry very nice score puff ! Checked out his site and he's got some killer stuff

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ooh, Ooh...(evoking Gunther Toody)...can I help name this one? Howza 'bout 'Stipey Pipey'. Yeah, Stripey Pipey. Sure is purdy. If I know Bob, he probably paid you to have him make it, too! Poor Bob, he has a gift, and so he does what most people do with a gift...he gives it away! :yes:

(Just kidding, Bob...it's beautiful. Nice work!)

Nice pipe, Ed! (I hate you.) :xd:

7. Major

Major Member

Now thats what I call "Art" ! I like how he used the natural grain to draw out the lines and shape. This thing flows very well. I like how he tapers right into the stem. Its a class act indeed.

8. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

The way the stem plays with the rest of the pipe is awesome...Much like the one he made for me.

9. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

That's a beauty. I like the shape of the pipe and how the grains stands out. Nice, very nice. :cool:

10. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Now that, my friend, is sweet! Well done Bob.....again!

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

He's done a beatiful job for you and used some really nice briar there. Well done that man! Enjoy the pipe in good health for many years,

Gerry

12. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

That is one hell of a pipe you got there puff, hope she treats you well. Happy puffing!!!!!!!!!

13. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

Great looking Pipe! I too love the match between the pipe color and the stem. Bob is great to deal with - I have one of his pipes and continue to enjoy it!

Traderbob

14. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

That's a sweet looking pipe! You called it a Hemingway. Is that labeled after the author? If so, was that a shape he liked to use.
    And again; nice looking pipe..

Cheers :cheers:

15. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

Gentlemen - again thank you for the many kind comments. It was a pleasure working with Mr. Puff on this guy. Ed was willing to tolerate what nature threw at me...

This started out as a "standard" Author shape - in large form - but a nasty flaw on the side of the bowl/shank transition necessitated some "chasing." I had to go pretty deep... so a flaw is the reason for the unique shape of this guy...

... which brings up the reason for the name, "Hemingway." This was supposed to be an Author... but ended up with "cut-outs" which sorta reminded me of a Blowfish shape.... and because, IMO, Hemingway was nothing but a big blow-hard, pompous, windbag (I'm not a fan) :whistle: , it just seemed that this Blowfish/Author should be called a "Hemingway."

...hmmmmm... I think my "love" of Hemingway stems from a first year college English professor ... this gentleman seemed to really want to "spoon" with Mr. Hemingway... :startle:

:thankyou:

16. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

"Hemingway" is being smoked now with a bowl of Anni-Kake and she's WONDERFUL! :)

Free open draw, no gurgle, superb handfeel, ok clenched for short periods, a marvelous deep-wide bowl! She's a big girl! AMAZING smoke Bob! Thank you for sticking it out! Mother Nature throws us curves and "Goose" turns it into a unique and most excellent piece of enjoyable smokable art! Bob, charge forward with the rest of the order! ;)

Bob, YOU ROCK!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

17. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Congratulations Puff, nice looking pipe!

18. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a great looking pipe, Puff! You're a very lucky man and Mr Davidson is indeed a class act!

19. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Very nice pipe. I have two of Bob's, including one very similar to yours. Both of mine are very good smokers.

20. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

A lovely "bottom" indeed! :bing:

I guess you can tell that when it comes to ladies, I'm a "bottoms" man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.