New Invicta's

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Spam, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spam

Spam Member

My new Invicta Briar's arrived today. I ordered the saddle stem Apple, and also received a free (yes, free!) 'Krunzel' shaped pipe. The finish leaves a little to be desired, both of the pipes have scratched rims, but having already smoked the Krunzel I'm damned happy with them. They seem to be mechanically perfect, and that's all that really matters. Will probably give the Apple a go when I get back from my lecture this afternoon.

2 pipes for ~£38, you can't go wrong...

So, without further ado, here's a picture.

[​IMG]

2. ArmyBoatie

ArmyBoatie Member

Congrats on the pipes. Both look very nice. :thu2: Enjoy!

3. Spam

Spam Member

I shall do!

They've completed my 7 day set, so I can't rationally justify buying any more pipes for a while. I think they're a good couple to finish with. Time to plough my money into building a small cellar.

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I own several of the classic pipes myself, they break in easily and do have perfect engineering and smoke really well but I am not a fan of vulcanite stems, they require too much maintenance.

5. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Nice, two for the price of one! Can't beat that, enjoy.

6. Spam

Spam Member

Well, it seems that the Apple is just as good a smoker as the Krunzel. But the bend in the Krunzel is really nice, it just sits properly in my mouth. I find straight pipes more aesthetically pleasing, but see a number of bents in my future. I might pick up a Stubby from Invicta at some point.

Just dropped one of my older pipes, it hit an upturned power plug and has quite a dent in the side. Perhaps I can justify buying another...

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats on the pipes!

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Those are some good looking pipes! I have been considering an Invicta myself, but can not justify a new pipe...right now...

9. Spam

Spam Member

Surely you can justify 2 for the price of one, right? ;)

Preacher1611 likes this.
  10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If that price were available to me without incurring overseas shipping charges, then perhaps!

11. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Shipping charges are like $5 or $6 dollars, very reasonable. Peter ships by Royal Mail.

12. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

You got some nice pipes! I took advantage of the free Krunzel too. Should be here soon along with a surprise. Stay tuned for more news.

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Wait, free Krunzel? Is this still going on? I need to get over to their website. God knows I've bought enough pipes recently (I'm up to a pipe for each day of the week for two and a half weeks, lol, and in only four months of buying), but I've been really wanting an Invicta, having heard such good things about them and also noticing the extremely reasonable pricing. I think my next pipe will have to be an Invicta. Very nice, classic English styling, which is my favorite sort, I believe. If they had a Prince on there, I might buy one right this second...

Motard likes this.
  14. Motard

Motard Member

I just looked... Sale has finished :-(

15. Spam

Spam Member

I found out about the offer via email. I don't think it was ever actually mentioned on the website. Try emailing pete @ invicta to see if it's still going on?

A surprise!? Well, I'm looking forward to finding out what this is.

16. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Very nice pipes!

17. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Nice pipes Spam, enjoy! :puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.