New Mac Baren Tobaccos

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by StevenEC, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

I've seen them advertised at a few places, but haven't seen them for sale yet. Has anyone managed to buy any yet? and how was it?

7 Seas Gold Blend
    7 Seas Regular Blend
    7 Seas Royal Blend

2. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Have not tried them but smokingpipes.com has them in stock.

3. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

I ordered a tin of 7 seas royal yesterday (smokingpipes.com...100g was $8.87 + the usual crap), I'll let ya know when I open it...

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

they're basically clones of Sail. the manager got samples at the trade show in new orleans two weeks ago, said they were largely unremarkable cavendish based aros.

i'm still waiting on my sample from him but he's been in the other store lately.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm looking forward to trying some . If M.B. were to make their version of Sail products I bet they'd be good . I dig Sail Green as a warm/hot weather blend . Very interesting blend of vir / oriental / latakia ... reddy rubbed and a nice spicy easy burning blend .I'm just waiting for the day when M.B. makes a blend w/ a #4 or 5 in strength .. lol

6. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

My tin of 7 Seas Royal was delivered today. Cracked it open a bit ago and loaded up a MM Legend. First impression is that it's a very mild tobacco. Tin note is very mild and faintly raisiny. Faintly sweet with elusive notes of maybe currant and figs (?). No hint bite at this time. This is gonna be one for the more experienced palate IMHO....It's pleasant, but elusive...

7. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

Just wanted to put some additional comments in (couldn't edit previous post, dunno why). When I finished the first pipe of 7SRyB last night just before bed, I found myself wanting more, and disappointed that I had to go to bed instead. I've been suffering from the "tobacco blahs" for the last several days, and this stuff knocked the "blah" right out. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this stuff, but as of right now I find it a mysteriously pleasant smoke.

8. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

maybe is mushrooms :xd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.