1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Mario Grandi And Wo Larsen

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by blackpipe, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

Hey guys I will like to share a picture with you of my new Mario Grandi, I love this pipe it smokes great

I am going to dedicate it to WO larsen for now,I smoked a bowl yesterday and it was great but I smoked another one today and it was kind of sour , maybe I smoked to fast?
    also if you guys know how much should I let it rest between smokes?

2. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Very cool! I look forward to hearing how she performs for you!

Jay

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Which Larsen are you smoking?

I like to give a briar 24 hrs rest between smokes, but that's pretty arbitrary.

Grandis smoke excellent in my experience, very good value.

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's one fine looking smoking machine, Blackpipe! I hope you get years of enjoyment from it!

I tend to have "repeat smokes" in the same pipe, especially when travelling, but first I check to see if there's any moisture in the bottom of the bowl. If I can't be sure by looking, I test by feel with my little finger. If the pipe is dry and cool, no reason you can't enjoy another smoke with it.

Hope this helps!

Bri2k

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Nice looking hunk of briar - see why they call it "Grandi."

An obvious question - did you run a pipe cleaner through the pipe after you smoked it? If not maybe that's why the slight "off taste?" New pipes can also smoke wetter to begin with until they get broken in and that can affect taste too. I do personally like to leave a pipe to dry out for a couple of hours after smoking, but that's in an ideal world - like everyone else I've certainly smoked pipes back to back.

Another couple of pipes to rotate with - maybe cobs, they're good and cheap - might help.

Finally new pipes can simply taste off to awful until they are burned in - Petersons and Falcons certainly do - because of the residu of stain left in them. When you get a new pipe you fall in love with it's possible to miss this on the first "Honeymoon" smoke.

Best meantime

Gerry

6. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

Great looking pipe. I think the rule of thumb is 24 hours between or at least let the pipe be cool to the touch. I myself have followed that rule and I have not. I have smoked a pipe and put it away and I have smoked a pipe for several hours with several bowls. Either way I think if you have a quality pipe you'd be fine. I did notice that I had a thinker cake build up in my "all day" pipe. But that kind of makes sense.

Z

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I think your smoking style and what you're smoking dictate how long a pipe should rest. The WO Larsen aromatics are made with good quality baccy and not overly mosit. I'd like to know how soggy the inside of your bowl is after you finish smoking? If you can see the moisture in the heel of the bowl then you defineatly need to give the pipe time to dry out. The other consideration here is that you mentioned that its a NEW pipe. I would suspect that part of the problem is that there is no cake in the bowl to help absorb some of the moisture created while smoking. My other question is how many pipe cleaners do you use after a smoke? I use as many as needed until they come out clean.

8. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

hey guys thank you so much for the replys, I used about 3 pipe cleaners while cleaning a pipe,Its clean ,I thinked I smoked it too fast so I will let it dry out for a day and try again(slowly), thsnks very much

I liked the grandi so much I ordered two more in a duet special.I need more pipe for my rotation
    current rotation is my mexican briar(vaper) savinelli(english) mario grandi (wo larsen),and when the two new grandis arrive i think il use them for aromatics(sice I ordered a bunch of aromatics from boswell)

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Sweet looking hunk of wood you got there.

I tried being exact when I first started with a briar. Waiting a full 24 hrs but canned that idea after a while. Now if I try it agin in an hour an it tastes OK I keep it going. If not I let it rest and clean it down. You may notice a difference in how it acts after you "break it in" as well. Just have a good smoke and good fun.

BTW. Are the swords on the wall usable or for decoration?

10. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

The swords are usable, I use them for decoration but if someone breaks in they are for self defense.

11. ryan65

ryan65 Member

that Grandi pipe is awesome! :thumbsu: I'm dieing to get one, didn't even no about Grandi's until I started seeing them on youtube a few months back lol but I heard they are great smokers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.