1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

new pete killarney

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TailGunnerUK, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TailGunnerUK

TailGunnerUK Member

i wandered into the peterson shop today with no particular agenda, and spotted this little beauty:

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/uploads/1295295786/med_gallery_6193_99_2562.jpg

love at first sight! packed with squadron leader and enjoying a smoke right now :)

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Enjoy! Similar happened to me w/my Kilarney 264! Walked into the b&m (Humidor San Antonio Tx) was just lookin' & killin' time and BAM.....there she was! Enjoyed a wonderful bowl of SG Firedance Flake a few hours ago in her...........best she's smoked ever! Enjoy your little redhot maven! ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

P.S. nice pipe!

3. ECross

ECross Member

Very nice pipe, I like it.

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

She is quite a looker, happy puffing!!!!

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I wonder if any of us ever go into a pipe shop without a proverbial agenda! I've rarely come out without a new one in my life!

It looks a lovely pipe - wish you many happy years with it!

I've no experience of a P-lip with a straight stem and will eagerly look forward to hearing your impressions of it,

Happy smoking!

Gerry

6. TailGunnerUK

TailGunnerUK Member

for some reason, i find the p-lip better on this pipe than i do on the full bent pete that i have. it clenches well, and my tongue sits nicely in the 'notch' on the bottom.

i think it may be that the bent stem is very rounded, making it less comfortable than the flatter stem on the new pipe.

after a good smoke, i'm really looking forward to smoking it again. :D

7. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Same thing happened to me the other week. Wandered into the store and ended up with a killarney 03. Great smoking pipe right from the get go.

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

+1 Same here. Wandered in, innocent. Walked out with a conventional bit Killarney bulldog. What it lacks in a fancy grain it more than makes up for as an excellent smoking pipe. It is my favorite Pete and the best smoking bulldog in the kennel.

9. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

The Killarney's are great. I have two so far and would love to get more. Enjoy!

10. IRONxPagan

IRONxPagan Member

I bought a Killarney 999 a couple of months ago, love smoking Virginia flake in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.