1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New pipe- La Rocca Novo

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BriarAnnie, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Just got it in the mail from Milan Tobacconists. Only $35! They are having a clearance on La Rocca's. Hmmmm....havent seen many La Rocca's on any other sites. Are they going under or something? This one is pretty nice...my favorite shape....and smokes pretty decent so far. Very cool rustification and nice coordinating burgundy/pearlite stem.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Hey Miss Annie......Pipes&Cigars.com actually has a very extensive selection of LaRocca pipes as well. Most between $40-$75, and I've looked at them quite often, as they seem to be very nice pipes. Let us know how this one smokes.

3. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I'd be interested in the smoking qualities as well. Looks like a great pipe!

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on that very nice pipe! Very well done! Beale.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Hey I've got a La Rocca as well, and it was only about $45 but it is one of my best smokers. I'd say second best probably. It has a smooth finish and a couple fills, but it's a great little economy pipe. Love it, and yours looks even nicer!

I think mine's a Due. It looks a lot lighter in person than the picture, but here it is crammed in my dumb looking face:
    [​IMG]

6. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Nice La Rocca pipe, nesta. I've looked at quite a few of them at P&C.com. They do make some fine looking pipes, at a good price. Glad to hear that it's a good smoker.

7. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I have had one for a year. I like the rustification, too. Not to mention, it smokes very well.

8. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Nice pipe Nesta! Yea, for $35, you cant beat that. Its a nice flake pipe, big chamber!

9. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

I have the same pipe that Annie has...just got done with a bowl as a matter of fact. The bowl is pretty big compared to most of my other pipes.

Great pipe but with such volume that'll you'll need a pipe cleaner handy....mine gets a little gurgley....

after about thirty minutes!!!! :D

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

damn nesta ... thats a cool lookin pipe ... annies pipe Rocks also

11. WillH

WillH Active Member

Nice pipe! Would that be considered an Author Shape?

Will

SouthBound likes this.
  12. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

BriarAnnie likes this.
  13. Icepick

Icepick Member

I've got a LaRocca splendida. Great smoking pipe, haven't seen one anywhere on the net. Cost around $70 when I bought it years ago.

14. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Yup thats the one I have. Huge tobacco chamber so I think this is a flake pipe for me.
    I couldnt believe how nice it was for $35. This is my first Larocca.

15. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Hmmm...I wonder if this would be considered an author? I figured its a bent apple . I do like author shapes. This Brebbia author caught my eye recently
    http://www.pipesandcigars.com/br9mmfipiava.html
    Dont own any Brebbia's. I may make this the 1st one.

16. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Grats on the new pipe :)

Interesting to see some info on this brand as i hadn't heard much, but seen the pipes around. Perhaps i will pick one up and see how they smoke for myself.

17. WillH

WillH Active Member

I've got two Brebbia pipes and find them great pipes. Had several more at one time. Good pipes highly recommended. Your choice is filtered? Guess you spotted that?
    [​IMG]
    Above is the Brebbias I had at one time. Sold all but two. Still have the bottom pipe and one other. The pipe at the top was one of my very first pipes from the early 70's.

BTW, I sold them to finance my move into meerschaums pipes. Not because they weren't excellent pipes.

Will

SouthBound likes this.
  18. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

I was going to say I really like the first pipe!

No, I do not smoke filtered. Is it really any healthier (which I have been told it is). I feel like it takes all the flavor out of the tobacco. So you think Brebbia is eh?

I ve never had a meerschaum either. I love the look of them. Do they smoke like a briar?

19. WillH

WillH Active Member

I'm on the patio with this iPod thingy, so must be breif!

Yes, I feel Brebbia is a cut above in their price range. I believe you get a much better briar with Brebbia.

After smoking pipes for 40+ years I discovered meerschaum. Yes, meerschaum is different than briar. As with all natural products there good and not so good. Good briar is every bit as nice to smoke as meerschaum. Low quality meerschaum is not enjoyable!

I smoke mostly meerschaum, like now, and cob out working. The briars are smoked just once in awhile. I've said this many times, "Meerschaum has been a successful pipe material for over 300 years". That says something! Yet a good briar pipe will smoke as well as meerschaum!

Will

SouthBound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.